Gall Bladder

LoraLeeME
on 8/22/11 10:11 am
I recently had my 6 month follow up with my surgeon and everything was fine. The nurse called me a few days later to ask if I had been having any stomach pain. I didn't remember having any pains so I said no. Apparently my ATL (?) levels are elevated.

A few days later I start feeling little sharp pains under my rib cage on the right side. Sometimes it's a sharp pain sometimes it's like pins and needles. Today I got too full on a protein shake that I've had several times before. Now my stomach hurts, I'm very uncomfortable and feel bloated. It was over an hour ago that I had the shake and I still feel full and uncomfortable. Never had this before.

Is this the beginnings of gall bladder problems?  Has anyone else had similar symptoms?

Thanks.

poet_kelly
on 8/22/11 10:20 am - OH
Could be.  Call your doc if it continues.  They can order an ultrasound to check it out.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

labellavita1982
on 8/22/11 12:06 pm - Neenah, WI

Yes. Do you ever notice it after you eat? I had my gallbladder out in 2007 and that was the problem I started with.

HW-500lbs SW-381 CW-235 GW-185
Steph
immafatgirl
on 8/22/11 6:12 pm - KY
i found it easier to just get my gallblader out while in surgery .. that way i wont have to stress with it down the road. i hope he takes it out. galbladder probs after surgery scare me ,,
Chickenboob
on 8/22/11 11:08 pm - Rockland, Canada
Finally a topic I know about!!! I am sorry that you are having pains. I started having a raw gnawing feeling in my stomach, almost like heartburn, except that antacids didn't help at all. Then I started waking up with bad pains under my ribcage and in the middle of my back. Turns out it was gallstones. I had recently lost 70 pounds while away at University.

See your doctor now, because it isn't going to get any better. I wish I could say otherwise, but I can't. It is better to take care of now than to wait until there is a blockage and be in an emergency situation.

That said, it is also al aporoscopic procedure, so if your WLS was laporoscopic, you will already know what you are in for. When I had mine done, I was back playing ringette **** sport, sort of like hockey, but different) in the Altantic championships 12 days later (don't tell my surgeon..he'd brain me).

It was the best thing I ever did...... when I think of before and after I feel so happy I did it.

Good luck, keep us posted!

For those who are having this problem and haven't had WLS yet.....stay away from NSAIDs if you have a gall stone attack...they make the pain worse...Tylenol is the way to go!
LoraLeeME
on 8/24/11 1:28 pm
 I need to let the surgeon know and also my primary.  I already know it's going to be a month of diagnostics before they even get to suggesting surgery.

Thanks everyone.

Most Active
Recent Topics