Humana PPO

Girl_in_green_dress
on 8/24/11 8:40 am - Louisville, KY
VSG on 10/16/17
 I have just started my 6 month diet. Any Humana PPOers out there that can tell me the actually had surgery?! The nurse that works with the surgeon keeps telling me how much i am going to have to fight with Humana, and most go through all this and don't get approved and after fighting for so long, give up! Pretty encouraging if i do say so myself. 
poet_kelly
on 8/24/11 9:25 am - OH
Do you meet your insurance company's criteria for WLS?  If so, I don't understand why the nurse thinks you'll have to fight and probably still won't get approved.  If you meet their criteria and do everything they require (like a supervised diet, submiting records, etc) then they should pay.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

FleurDeLis
on 8/24/11 9:55 am
I have a Humana PPO and found them to be very nice people. I also have a 3 month diet to do, not 6 months.
Depending on what others say here, it is true that insurance companies tend to deny hoping you will give up. They do this a lot with regular claims, too. If your name is Barbara Smith on the policy and they bill as Barbara E Smith, it can result in a technical denial. That sort of thing. Amazingly, most people don't fight it so the insurance company wins.
If your office has that much trouble, it might also be the quality of the documentation. My physician uses a template that automatically asks for info on meals, amount and type of exercise, etc every visit. Ask for more specifics as to why they get denied.
Girl_in_green_dress
on 8/24/11 10:21 am - Louisville, KY
VSG on 10/16/17
 I do fit all the requirments for my company. She kept saying "Humana are stickler's about everything." The woman said sticklers so many times i cringe everytime i hear someone else say it. My doctor is keeping very good records and we have already discussed alot of about how we are going about all this, the woman was just so discouraging. 

FleurDeLis
on 8/24/11 1:28 pm
Don't let the turkeys get you down.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 281 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views