Hurricane and no food, not good at all......

NIXMOMMIE
on 8/27/11 6:52 am - NC
Ok, so I live in NC and work in VA.  So I am living at my hospital for the next few days.  Unless a friend comes to get me later on.  Anyway.  I brought some bean soup I made at home to eat.  Yeah, not realizing I woud be tired of it after one bowl.  I went to the cafeteria to get food.  Nothing looked like anything I wanted to eat. Dry, crusty pigeon quarters.  Instant mashed potatoes.  The best thing on the menu.  Green beans that tasted like they were from a bowl of wax veggies.  A shrimp, veggie, cheese tortelini caserole that looked a week old.  The salad bar looked suspect and a burger and fries just made my belly hurt. 
My dog is down stairs in the lab and a co-worker is angry at me for who knows why????
I want to get out of here.  NOW!!! The best thing is I have a room all to myself and it is pretty cozy.  I have my laptop and a few cheesey movies that I enjoy. Oh well that was my rant about this storm.  I hope everyone on the east coast is safe and secure.

D-J
on 8/27/11 7:00 am
i live in Alabama but all my family are up in New York and New Jersey,,,i am just glad you and your dog are in a safe place and i wouldn't worry too much about the co-worker thing,,as my Mamma used to say,,they'll get over it when the swellin goes down,,,LOL
barbiieedoll
on 8/27/11 8:36 am

oh...Me Too!!!!! I live in Alabama but my brother and cousins are up in NJ, and my husbands family and cousins and Aunts and Uncles are in NJ, PA, DE.
My mom used to say, they will just have to get happy again.

NIXMOMMIE
on 8/27/11 7:35 am - NC
thank you.

nfarris79
on 8/27/11 8:25 am - Germantown, MD
 Didn't you bring any protein shakes with you? Does your hospital pharmacy sell any protein powders or bars? Better to go protein for a bit then eating sub-par food!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

NIXMOMMIE
on 8/27/11 8:49 am - NC
I did remember to bring protein.  I am going to make a shake for dinner.  I am just being a little lazy right now.  I a, glad I am not a patient.  Now I know how they feel being in the hospital all day.  At least they have a TV.

Momma2nicknmike
on 8/27/11 9:21 am - Beavercreek, OH
 I'm glad you and your dog are safe!  Watch your cheesy movies and suf the net!  Take care!!

Lynne    

zacmom
on 8/27/11 10:34 am
I'm not sure whats worse... being trapped at work with nasty food or being trapped at home with a kitchen full of stuff and having to start my liquid diet!!!!! I live in Ma and the storm should be in high gear tomorrow.
butterflyness
on 8/27/11 2:20 pm - KS
Pigeon quarters?
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 281 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views