I'm home!! 6 days post op!

hopiej
on 9/1/11 7:41 am - fort knox, KY
I'm home, surgery went well, I went to sleep and woke up a loser! Could not wait to get the NG tube out...ugh I was up and walking the very same day, the pain OMG but I knew I couldn't lay in that bed as much as I wanted to just lay around and make out with my magical pain pump button it was my best friend in the whole wide world for 2 days..lol I came home on Monday afternoon, feeling ok, sleep is odd, because its like a newborn baby schedule up and down every few hours, but seems like it is getting better. According to scales I am down about 14lbs! Amazing seeing as how I didn't think I would lose an ounce even after surgery because I struggled with every thing on Earth for years it seems.  Working on getting all my protein in, not there yet, fluids either but I am sipping as much as I can! Cannot wait until tomorrow, the nurse comes and is removing my leash, I mean drain tube....ugh I have so much more comfort riding on the fact that its coming out tomorrow....That is the only place I really still have pain and it makes sleeping harder to get comfortable..anyways, would do it over in a heartbeat!! WOOT! Sorry for the rambles...
TulipWife
on 9/1/11 7:50 am - Hillsboro, OR
Nice! It's something I look forward too, waking up and being a looser :D I just started my journey.  I've done the labwork and some of the required test. LIttle by little I will get to where you are. Again Congrads!
picklesmom
on 9/1/11 8:38 am
LOL!!! "...make out with my magical pain pump button" !!!

Congratulations!! Sounds like you're doing really well... and HAPPY!:) Please keep us posted! I have my surgery scheduled for next Friday so if you have any advice... DO TELL!

Trish S.
on 9/1/11 9:13 am - Upstate , NY
Congrats!!!!  Glad everything went great!!!  Keep us posted!!
“I think everyone should be told they’re beautiful until they believe it.?

D-J
on 9/1/11 10:18 am
congratulatons and welcome to the losers bench,,,LOLOL,,it's a wild ride sometimes but a beautiful journey,,keep us posted hun.
altheda71
on 9/1/11 10:46 am - Bear, DE
 You're going to love the results.  And don't fret because the weight may seem to be coming off slow at times, but when you blink your eyes one day, you will see astounding results.

Enjoy and get well quickly, but take it easy.

May God bless us in all of our endeavors.  May He forgive us for our frailties and our vanities and bless us to be prosperous in health, soul, and in life.            
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 422 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 351 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 265 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 159 views
Recent Topics