For those of you with reactive HC

dufiedog
on 9/1/11 11:43 am
how often and when do you check your blood sugar?  I haven't been checking mine since my diabetes is gone and don't know if I should check at the same times as I did then or not.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

D-J
on 9/1/11 11:48 am
i still check mine in frist thing in the mornings for a fasting blood sugar and then before dinner just to make sure i'm still good,,
hlacy
on 9/1/11 1:49 pm - Chandler, AZ
My doctor advised I only need to check it once or twice a week, and to check it in the morning for a fasting read.
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/2/11 9:58 am
With RH (or HC?) - I only check it when I fill like I may be crashing ... then I know I need to take some sugar in - fast. If I feel "funny" but my BS is normal - then taking - eating carbs sugar may cause a reaction - RH. Sometimes - when I feel like crashing - it may be due low BP, or dehydration, or dumping on fat... (sweaty, heart palpitation, funny vision... etc. )

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

dufiedog
on 9/2/11 11:03 am, edited 9/2/11 11:03 am
Hala I was wondering about RH.  I guess I didn't word my question very well.  I am trying to determine if that is an issue for me.  There are times not too long after I eat that I feel really bad.  When my niece was here the other day we checked my bs and it was 68 which is way too low.   I know you had said on another thread that you had RH and I really want to know how to tell if that is what I have, hence wanting to know when to check my bs?  I would think it would be different from whem I had Type 2 Diabetes, but don't know for sure. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 351 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?