Soooo FRUSTRATED!!!

lisamarie3897
on 9/1/11 12:27 pm - Granite City, IL

OK so today I am exactly 1 month post-op. I have never been sick, and not having one darned problem at all with food. (ok baked eggs don't sit well, but cooked any other way they are a dream) Sounds like I would have nothing to complain about.  Well really I don't except for the fact that I have only lost 15 lbs since surgery. I have not lost more than 1/2 lb in over 2 weeks. I know, I know, stalls are common the 3rd-ish week, but come on. this is getting ridiculous.  I have followed my diet instructions to a T, and am not even taking in 1000 calories a day.  I have started walking on the treadmill for exercise and the recumbent bike.  Im really trying to not get frazzled with this, but Im not seeing much on the inches lost either.  I sometimes feel like the doc went in and left it all there.

Also 1 question, is there a good place to get some good menu ideas.  I am stuck on the 1 food per meal thing, and just don't have the ideas for a "meal-meal"  Would love to hear from anyone with some good ideas to jumpstart me and get me out of this menu rut!

Thanks a bunch!!!
Lisa

Debra P.
on 9/1/11 12:44 pm - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 This is a bad month for weight loss... I started my pre op diet the day you had surgery and I have only lost 11 pounds.  I feel your frustration !!  I wish I had some encouraging words, but hang in there.

missjann
on 9/1/11 12:45 pm

Take a deep breath and try to remember the last time, if ever, you lost 15
pounds in 1 month.  There!  You should be feeling a bit more relieved.
You're doing fine.  Give yourself a break.  Your body is still trying to recover
and process all the changes going on.  Just keep doing what you're doing
and a few months from now you'll be down a LOT more and wondering
what you were worried about.  As for food at 1 month, my protein really came
from chili and refried beans as I didn't tolerate meat well, except for extra
lean ground beef.  I have done very well with chili since day 1 and now
make a Wendy's knock-off that's really easy and really good.  I also did
fine with a beef stew I made. I browned sirloin cubes (could also use
ground beef) and onions and garlic and added tiny cubes of zucchini,
sweet potato, cauliflower and green beans. I added seasoning and a
can of beans for more protein...and it was really good. I also ate quite
a few fat free refried beans with enchilada sauce on top and a sprinkle
of lowfat Mexican cheese.  Any meat I ate ****il about 6 months out) had
to be ground or my small cubes of stew meat cooked to near mush. I still
do well with mushies and I make several soups/stews that I routinely eat.
My fave Fall soup is some veggies and meat and broth baked in the oven
inside a tiny pumpkin! The pumpkin add wonderful flavor to the stew and
it adds to the veggies. YUM!  I bet you could bake a custard inside a pumpkin
and add a bit of cinnamon and sf whip cream for a gorgeous and healthy
pumpkin custard dinner.

Jan

T. Deeds
on 9/1/11 9:12 pm
What you are experiencing is normal.  Stick with the program, log your food, keep up the exercise and you'll loose weight.  At some point you might need to up the intensity and/or duration of your exercise, but you're only a month out, so do what you can.

sylvan
on 9/1/11 10:35 pm
I'm in the exact same position you're in.  I'm almost a month out and I've lost 14 lbs.  Somehow, with all I've been through, that doesn't seem fair.  I'm not over eating.  I'm trying to get in all my water.  I think what I'm going to do is just ignore the scales for a bit and keep doing what I'm doing.  Eventually, something has to give.
ladybugnessa
on 9/1/11 10:47 pm - Owings Mills, MD
15 pounds in the first month is great.  what do you expect to lose.

I think we all wake up and expect and pray that we are thin....  it's not that easy.

I lost just over 16 the first month
then it went down from there and there were months I lost 7 pound or 8 pounds or 5 pounds or EVEN GAINED...

oh wells.. the journey is just the chance to learn what to do and ingrain those good habits (no eating and drinking at the same time, take your supplements, protein first, get your exercise etc.) for life.

for me towards the end of my loss I ran the averages.. it came out to TWO POUNDS PER WEEK.

Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Most Active
Recent Topics