5 days out and jealous

kishamb
on 9/4/11 2:12 am - MD
Everybody talking about pureeed foods....dreamy sigh.....I can't wait to get there. I don't know why my doctor won't let us go there yet.
poet_kelly
on 9/4/11 2:15 am - OH
I think many docs recommend not starting on pureed food for a week or two after surgery.  As far as why, it's because they believe your stomach needs some time to start to heal before it can handle food well.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kishamb
on 9/4/11 3:36 am - MD
Same here for my doc. But being being on liquids one week prior to surgery and now 5 days after feels like torture. Lol. Umm I can't wait to touch a misguided veggie or a purred egg. Lol.
YankeeRose
on 9/4/11 4:16 am - Meadville, PA

Be gald u only had to do 1 week of liquids pre-op. I had to do 2 weeks pre-op and 2 weeks post-op... Luckily though, I was able to skip pureeds and move right into soft foods. Hang in there.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

BlueinColumbus
on 9/4/11 5:35 am
My surgery was the 15th of August & I haed to spend 10 days in the hospital so was on liquids the entire time. I am supposed to be eating pureed foods but I am having a lot of trouble keeping anything down. I am really not hungry 7 when I do eat I am nauseous help i am using bariatric advantage EAS shakes 7 creamed soups well but tried eggs c,ottage cheese even some baby food and its not going well any suggestions?? I have over 200 lbs to lose so I am not worried about starving to death LOL but I had an open Roux-en-y bypass 7 the healing is slower
Shirley O.
on 9/4/11 5:42 am - NM
 Having had surgery on 8/25/11 and done a 2 week pre-op liquid diet and still on liquid, at least in my mind i am so ready for something soft.  I go back Wednesday for my two week post-op and look forward to trying a soft diet after that.  Just thinking about it sounds good.  

i think I'm fortunate though because my nut said I could strain soups and have the broth.  So far I've done that with at variety of soups, both homemade and canned, with no problems.

Yesterday I was thinking how resilient our bodies are after something like this surgery...chuckled to myself thinking that the body is resilient as long as the mind contained within the body is resilient.    We always have to work on that part, don't we?

Highest Weight 280, Surgery Weight  240  Current Weight 164  Goal Weight  140

Shirley
New Mexico

hopefulnca
on 9/8/11 9:33 am - Paso Robles, CA
Shirley,

I agree with you. Having a resilient mind certainly helps. Sounds like you are doing great. Bet those pounds are just fallin off.

Good journey.

hopefulnca

kishamb
on 9/4/11 12:44 pm - MD
It's even harder for me because I have high blood pressure and can't do the canned soups or broth......help
Hillery82211
on 9/4/11 12:53 pm - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
It's funny...but I'm 2 weeks post-op and I've been on mushy foods for about 4 days....and I'd rather go back to the liquids.  The liquids were easy....didn't require thinking...two protein shakes, some popcicles, crystal light, and miso soup broth! 

I find that food has almost no appeal to me right now...none.  My taste buds are all wacked out and everything tastes bland....like I have a cold or something.....and  meal prep requires a lot of thought which I'm finding that i just don't want to use. 

I did three weeks on liquids pre-op plus 10 days post-op and I was DYING to move to mushy food and now that I'm there....totally overwhelmed and wanna go back to liquids.

*sigh*
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
zacmom
on 9/4/11 1:40 pm
Have you tried the sodium free bulion??? My husband has high blood pressure and I use that for him.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 301 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 256 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 327 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 152 views
Recent Topics