What is your blood type?

Sunbunnyqt
on 9/4/11 4:21 am, edited 9/4/11 4:32 am - FL
All,

Have any of you read the book Eat Right for Your Blood Type. It essentially says that what you eat should be dependent on your blood type. I happen to be A+ and according to the author of the book I should be a vegetarian. On the other hand, my sister is type O and she should eat lots of meat.

I just was wondering what the satistics of blood types are among morbidly obese people? Does anyone have any stats or theories...

Thanks in advance.

mrslatch
on 9/4/11 4:29 am - Fort Campbell, KY
I'm A+...most common blood type.
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

Bucketta
on 9/4/11 5:34 am
 I have never heard that A+ was the most common type.  As a medical technologist I was taught and found that O+ is the most common type but being positive is the most common in the RH prifle, but A+ is not the most common type of blood.  http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-types  check this article out and/or just Google most common blood types.  

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

mrslatch
on 9/4/11 10:41 am - Fort Campbell, KY
I don't know what I was thinking! Its been a few years since A&P for me and I don't use it on a daily baises. Maybe I was just thinking of the '+' antigen? Not sure. lol Sorry!
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

poet_kelly
on 9/4/11 4:35 am - OH
I'm O+.

Why does he say people with type O should eat lots of meat?  I've been a vegetarian for about 25 years, so I'm very curious.

I actually think that from a biological perspective, all people should eat a mostly vegetarian diet and very little meat.  I think that our bodies are not designed to eat much meat, and I think that based on our teeth and the way our intestines are formed.  I'm not sure I said that quite right, because I don't mean that I think everyone should become a vegetarian if they prefer not to.  I don't care if other people eat meat.  I just mean that I think our bodies are designed for a vegetarian diet.

But I'm really curious about why blood type would make a difference.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

_Donna_
on 9/4/11 4:35 am
I'm A negative. What's it say about that?
I'm pretty sure it's kind of rare. My oldest granddaughter has it too.

RNY 5-5-2011

Kathleen W.
on 9/4/11 4:45 am - Lancaster, PA
You have me curious since I'm A negative also.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Zeigled
on 9/4/11 4:53 am - Parkton, MD
I'm O negative - a universal donor (I can give blood to everyone).  Apparently not anymore since I've had this surgery - but I've given 58 pints in the past. 

I think you're going to have to recite the whole book to us - I'd like to know what it says about O-
Dawn
HW 357 SW 341   

UH60Wife
on 9/4/11 5:07 am, edited 9/4/11 5:07 am - KS
I'm O- as well :D and GASP my name is Dawn too (ques scary music):P Yes pls tell us what this book says! 

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." Judy Garland

DebsGiz
on 9/4/11 7:13 am - FL

I'm O negative as well.  However, I was not aware that we can no longer give blood because we've had wls.  Is this correct???? 
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 309 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 83 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 83 views