Stricture at 18 months?

steve D.
on 9/6/11 4:56 am - West Fargo, ND
I am really having issues eating lately.  I only seem to be able to tolerate slider foods.  Once in a while I can eat other things.  For example, today, I had part of a peach for lunch after my soup.  I have eaten peaches many times.  Today, it feels stuck.  I get the foamies and have to barf. 

I am hoping there are some that may have had this issue that can shed some light.  I am scheduled to see my surgeon for my 18 month followup and will bring it up to him to see if they need to scope me.

Thanks ahead of time.

Steve

clsino
on 9/6/11 5:13 am
It's possible.  I had one at 1.5 years out.  I told the surgeon I didn't think it was possible, but he said your at risk for them forever.  They are much more common early out, but they are possible at anytime.

So if you are having problems feeling stuck etc. you probably have one.  I was in the same boat.  I felt so much better and could eat again without being sick. 

Christy

steve D.
on 9/6/11 5:24 am - West Fargo, ND
Thanks Christy.  I appreciate your fast response.  It does suck not knowing if your meal will go down or come back up.  I can sure tell once the stoma, is clear the pressure in my chest goes away and I can drink again without barfing.

Steve

poet_kelly
on 9/6/11 5:28 am - OH
When do you see the surgeon?  If it's in just a couple days, I'd stick to slider foods or protein shakes until then.  If it's more than a couple days, or if you start having trouble getting liquids in, then I'd give the doc a call now.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

steve D.
on 9/6/11 5:38 am - West Fargo, ND
Yeah, I see him in a few days.  Thanks Kelly.

Steve

countrytat
on 9/6/11 5:44 am - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
Im new on here..... What is a stricture and what causes the "foamies" and what exactly is that?
immafatgirl
on 9/6/11 9:27 am - KY
a stricture is food being stuck somewhere ad the foamies is from it being stuck.... scary knowing this can happen at any time. i will always chew chew chew chew and chew......
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 281 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views