7 week update (pics)

heattodd
on 9/12/11 8:01 am
I can't believe that tomorrow will only be 7 weeks since my surgery! I feel like my life has already changed so much!    I have lost 35 lbs in that 7 weeks (55 lbs since March 1st when I started this journey).  I didn't think I would be one that would exercise much because I have a bad knee that impaired me from most physical activity.  I started off walking around my house and I am now up to two 30 minute walks per day (at least 4 days a week).  And my knee feels so much better!  I have had my ups and downs with the diets, building a new relationship with food, mental aspect of everything and getting plenty of protein & water in every day.  But I keep doing my best every day and start new every new morning!

My friends, family, & co-workers have been amazingly supportive and encouraging.  I am so thankful for the wonderful people that I am blessed to have in my life. 

My favorite NSV (so far) was when I was walking the other day and my shoe came untied.  Before surgery, I would have looked for someone with me to tie it or walked until I could sit down somewhere (quite embarassing).  Not this time, I bent down on my knee, tied my shoe and stood right back up!  I was standing back up before I realized what had just happened.

Here are a couple of pics ... the first one was at my highest weight (306 lbs) back in April of this year and the second one was taken today (7 weeks post op 251 lbs).  I can actually smile without closing my eyes, lol

I won't just succeed, but will blow minds and exceed expectations in the process!!!    

HW 306/SW 286/GW 160
wynter57
on 9/12/11 8:28 am - Panama City, FL
You look great in a short period of time! Glad to hear your knee is not hurting so much now, that is fantastic!

Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

bittybabynurse
on 9/12/11 8:29 am - MN
You look fantastic!!
Highest  272 Consult 265 Goal 165 Current 158    

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
Nessy2976
on 9/12/11 9:12 am - MD
  Way to go!  You look GREAT!!!!
 "Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
nana2boys
on 9/12/11 6:11 pm
You are looking great.  There is already a huge difference in the pictures.  I love your smile. It radiates confidence .

heattodd
on 9/12/11 10:21 pm
Thank you all!  Everyone around me kept telling me how they could really see the weight loss especially in my face.  So I just had to compare pictures to see and I was amazed at the progress so far.

Reading the encouraging and insightful posts on here has been so helpful through out this journey.  This is such an amazing group of people
Brazilnut2
on 9/13/11 2:22 am - TN
Wow!  Your post has encouraged me today!  I'm five weeks out from surgery and I have a knee that bothers me, too.  I've been worried about not getting in exercise so far.  Your post gave me the push I needed.  Thank you!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 313 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 229 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 294 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 51 views
Recent Topics