Fantastic!

Jameen G.
on 9/14/11 5:01 am - NC
Hello Everyone,

Haven't been on in a minute, but wanted to report.

3 weeks post surgery today.  Can I tell you I am feeling absolutely fantastic!  Yesterday was my first day actually feeling like my old self ... meaning my energy level.  Didn't feel tired or sluggish. 
My only and biggest struggle so far in all of this is that darn PROTEIN!!!  I know that I am not the only one in that boat.  But I think I have figured out what works for me ... at least for today (smile).  So I am still sip, sip, sipping, and taking all the vitamins, calcium, meds that I need to take.  I am getting it in!!!!

Haven't been on the scale in over a week ... who cares.  Going to my 2nd support meeting (but with a new group) tonight ... I am looking forward to that. 

My next goal as long as my energy level stays up, is to become more active again!  This is a process, and that's ok.

LIFE IS GOOD!

Have the best day yet ...

jameen (take a minute to smile ...)

abernardez
on 9/14/11 5:19 am - Colton, CA
Good for you, that is wonderful that you are feeling fantastic.

Best of luck on your journey!
-Angela

Sara L.
on 9/14/11 5:27 am
Sounds like you are doing great!  Good luck with the protein.

savedbygrace10
on 9/14/11 6:09 am - Byron, GA
Yay for feeling better!  It is rough in the beginning.

I think most of us have the issue with the protein at some point through this journey.  I am 5 months out today and only just found my solution.  I have protein coffee every morning and that has helped tremendously.  I HATED coffee before surgery.  The only thing I liked about coffee was the smell.  Well, my husband convinced me about a month ago to let him make me a cup because I changed my shift from nights to mornings and was dragging.  So, I tried it and it was good.  (he added a pinch of salt to make it not so bitter)  Anyway - he put original powdered creamer in it and I thought since it was good that way, I would try some vanilla protein powder.  I use the BSN Syntha-6 vanilla and it is delicious.  If you like coffee, maybe you could try to add some protein powder to it and see if you like it.  I finally tried some chocolate powder this morning and it was good, too.  I do add SF syrups and Splenda to milk with the protein powder and then add my coffee to that mixture. (I even warm the protein mixture up a bit to take the chill off before I add the coffee and it doesn't clump on me)  It is quite yummy and I actually look forward to drinking them.  :)

Good luck on your continued journey!  It is definitely a ride!!!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 309 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views