Medication/Isopure

charb149
on 9/18/11 8:04 am
 I am on alot of meds. Having RNY I know I have to see if any come liquid or gummy. What has everyone done about their meds. I take a few that are like horse pills.

Also has anyone used Isopure? Which are the best flavors? Thanks for input
poet_kelly
on 9/18/11 8:08 am - OH
Some of your meds may come in a liquid or chewable, but I would not expect many to be available in a gummy.

What I did about my meds was just to continue taking them as I always have.  I was able to swallow them with no problems about 12 hours after my surgery.

I've tried the Isopure ready to drink clear protein and I can't remember what flavors.  I thought it was OK but did not love it.  It has a slight aftertaste, to me.  You can buy single bottles of it, though, to try.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

charb149
on 9/18/11 8:22 am
 Thanks for input

Eliza55
on 9/18/11 8:22 am - PA
I have some large meds, and my surgeon had different requirements than Kelly's.  I have a pill crusher, and I am required to crush them if they are not chewable.  I immediately throw up anything that isn't well chewed so I'll continue to follow my doc's orders.   It does take a lot of fortitude to take those meds. 

For vitamins, I use Celebrate. 

I am trying some individual Isopure this week.  If they're bad, I'll add some Crystal lite or something similar.  I can imagine they will have an aftertaste, as all protein shakes do for me. 

But, I need to have my meds and my protein, so even though I don't like the taste, I'll deal with it until I'm further along.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

ahelen
on 9/18/11 8:32 am
I like only the isopure green apple. I drink the one that has zero carbs  and sugars. I started using cytomax with no cabs and sugar and it"s the BEST! It comes in tangerine, watermelon and tropical plastic bottles. I drink them for breakfast and get 20g of protein. Make sure you get the brands that have zero carbs and sugar. Both products do have the shakes with carbs and sugars. Good luck! 

ahelen

usmcwifeymom4boys
on 9/18/11 9:01 am - camp lejeune, NC
I love the calcium chews from GNC and my doctor says they are the perfect amount and they are cheap and taste good. I also take a medium sized vitamin from gnc I couldn't deal with any of the flavors of chewables so my surgeon gave me the brand and I went for it and have had no issues on them two and a half months post op. As for the Isopure my favorite is the dutch chocolate and vanilla, I like them because you can add things to them to mix and match your flavors.Hope this helps and good luck!!!
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/18/11 12:25 pm - OH
All of my meds were the size of an aspirin or smaller, so I did not have to change them at all.  I just cut in half the one antibiotic I took that was larger than an aspirin.  I have never heard of any gummy medications (and the gummy vitamins are pretty worthless).

The only thing I took chewable was my multivitamin and, for a brief time, calcium.

I despise ALL flavors of the Isopure, so NONE of them are "best".  I like the Cytomax protein waters much better.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics