Back home from Surgery

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 9/22/11 6:04 am - Belleville, IL
Hey ya fellow RNYer's

Back from my Gallbladder removal surgery. While my surgeon was in there, he also fixed 3 hernias I didn't know about (Glad he caught them now!) So I should be all good to go for my 50,000 mile checkup.

I am finding I am healing faster this time (than when I had my RNY). The surgery was actually "Same Day" and they let me go home, but I was out of it for a few days. Then, I think I had the worst experience post op of my RNY life..

(Warning...TMI ahead...Do not ready if "Poop Posts" bother you).

Because they gave me some really powerful opiods (Dilaudad is goooood stuff!) I ended up severely constipated and um, impacted. I finally had to get serious today and ended up having to do an enema (this was after days of fluids, miralax, yada, yada, yada...)
This was me for SURE >   (I so love this little constipated guy!) LOL!  I finally gave birth to a two lb...Er...Something scary! That required several flushings and plungings!  Now that I do not need any more opiod pain killers and am upping the water and miralax and dulcolax I am hoping things will ah, stay flowing for sure.

Anyways...Missed you all. Glad to be back. I would be even MORE active and not so in pain if I hadn't had to have the hernia repairs.  I know that means my weight lifting is going to be severely curtailed for many months...Soooo...Once I am cleared for exercise...I think I am gonna get into Yoga, Swimming, very LIGHT (upper body only) weights and then isometric exercises to keep the definition I have worked so hard at.

I am also...Erp! Bloated from that darn gas they use laproscopically, thankfully it is finally breaking up and moving out! (rather noisily) sorry... *smile*

Warmly,
Jackie

weein
on 9/22/11 7:39 am - CA
Glad you are home and doing well.

Eileen

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 9/22/11 7:47 am
Glad you are home and healing.  Hope everything goes well now.

Winnie

glzgowlass
on 9/22/11 8:29 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
You made my incisions hurt from laughing. 

My neighbor caught me at my front door when I got back from hospital (for RNY last week)  I told them it was gall bladder surgery as I don't feel like sharing with the neighbors.

Lying never works for me though.  Turns out her father is about to get it done and she started asking me all about it.  Can you believe it?  Of all the lies to pick I had to pick that one.  The whole family came back with flowers and a card so now I feel really guilty.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

D-J
on 9/22/11 9:32 am
welcome back home,,good to hear your recovering qicker this time,,thats a real good sign your healthier then before,,make sure to rest up alot,and drink alot of fluids cause those pain killer will do a number on your digestive track for sure,,,,glad everything came out ok,,LOL
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 199 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 14 views
Recent Topics