Did You Experience The Dreaded 3 Week Stall??

FLJeepGirl
on 9/23/11 8:53 am
I'm a few weeks ahead of you all and I just broke through my plateau...I was about two weeks gaining and losing the same few pounds then a week of losing a few ounces a day.  I broke through two days ago - I literally did the happy dance in my bathroom and the Rocky arms in the air giggling like a schoolgirl :-)

Hang in there - this will pass and you will start losing again.  I was also in my 240's happy place...it will probably happen again when I get in the 220s....Just keep eating right, getting in your protein and water...
                      Leslie
       Lap-Band 4.11.08                                     RNY Revision 8.1.11
       HW 276/ SW 259/ LW 219                       HW 283/ CW 218

CarolinaJerseyGirl
on 9/23/11 11:29 am
Yep...a stall at 3 weeks that lasted 3 weeks was my experience also. I didn't consider it a real stall, just my body readjusting. Since then I have been steadily losing.
Sandy  

Paula F.
on 9/23/11 11:31 am - Rochester Hills , MI
Hey surgery buddy!  I have been in a stall since my 1st week post op. I lost 12 lbs that first week and until today, 3 weeks out, nothing.  I am hoping I am on my way down again as I am down a pound.  So, if you thought your's was coming off slow, be glad you aren't me!  I am envious of 30.5!  I think you are doing fantastic!  I just keep saying my little mantra:  This too shall pass...
Nee000
on 9/23/11 12:18 pm - MI
I plateaued at 242-245 for approx 5 wks.  Very frustrating cause I was working my azz off.  Although I never measured myself, I could tell that I was losing inches because of the way my clothing fit, but I wanted to lose lbs.  The scale started moving again 2 wks ago when I started working with a physical trainer.  I'm now 236 and I had to fight to lose those lbs. 
(deactivated member)
on 9/23/11 4:32 pm - Santa Cruz, CA

I wouldn't know--I refused to weigh myself until I went to the surgeon's office for my post-op
follow-ups.  If I had stalls, I didn't know about them. 

Made my life a lot easier.

Good luck!

SoulLips
on 9/23/11 4:50 pm - Cloverdale, CA
I didn't lose nearly as much as you in the first month!  You're doing amazingly well!  About 3 weeks out I plateaued for nearly 7 weeks.  I was terribly worried the surgery wasn't going to work for me!
Start weight: 306   Surgery weight: 282   Current weight 199.5

poet_kelly
on 9/24/11 12:41 am - OH
I didn't weigh myself very often in the beginning so I'm not sure but I don't think I stalled at three weeks.  The only real stall I had was six months out, when I stalled for a month.  I don't really consider it a stall, though, if someone doesn't lose anything for a week.  That's just normal weight loss.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 234 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 111 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?