gall stones?

Heidi L.
on 9/26/11 2:08 am - San Jose, CA
RNY on 09/21/10 with
Have any of you guys had gall stones after surgery?

I woke up this morning in SEVERE pain just under my rib cage on my left side. Didn't know what to do so just sat on the toilet. The pain dissipated and then came back. I wanted to scream. It also made me nauseated for that time. Doing fine right this minute.

Do you know if the gall bladder is now on the left side, still attached to the reminant stomach? Guess I should call the surgeon's nurse. Never had pain in that location like this before.

Pre-op  260.8#...Surgery 242#...Current 190#...Lowest 166#...Goal 155.8#

Eliza55
on 9/26/11 2:32 am - PA
Call the surgeon for any SEVERE pain.

Gallstones cause pain, and nausea.  The gallbladder is on the right side, under the rib cage, under the liver.  It is connected to the remnant stomach via a bile duct, and gall stones can get caught there as well.  Your anatomy is a little bit different than normal, so be sure that your bariatric surgeon is involved in the diagnosis & treatment.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Carol Y.
on 9/26/11 11:35 am - WY
I had to have my gall bladder removed about 3 months after my rny. I was nauseated and had pain under my rib cage. sometimes left side sometimes right. Mine was severe enough that even drinking water made me sick. I would definately talk to your doctor about it. The longer you wait the more nauseated you will get and wont be able to hold anything down
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 398 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 389 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 262 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 130 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?