now my hairs breaking too!

newtintn
on 9/26/11 12:35 pm - TN
Its been coming out in handfuls for weeks now...well ok maybe not handfulls but a LOT and now its breaking at the ends and is very dry. I dont want to end up bald! or with huge bald spots! HELP!. Ya know when you go to wring the water out of your hair after a shower, before you step out of the shower? Well when I do that the amount of hair that is left in my hands scares the **** out of me....Its like im a cancer patient going thru treatment...no offense to cancer patients mind you just trying to give a description...im getting SO upset over this!

plp1988
on 9/26/11 12:49 pm
It happens most of the time after about 3 months post op, it will come back, I relay do not think you will go bald it like shedding.it will get thin for a while.
poet_kelly
on 9/26/11 12:53 pm - OH
Mine fell out in clumps.  It scared me too.

Are you getting enough protein?  Taking your vitamins?

Mine fell out for about three months, then just stopped and almost right away started growing back.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lisa R.
on 9/26/11 1:08 pm - CA
 Girl!  I am WITH YOU!  Big time!  It is falling out constantly, I am picking hair off me all day.  It sucks.  It is breaking on me too.  I loved my hair, it was long and shiny and flowing. Now it is dry and thin and dull and getting frizzy.  

Nothing helps.  I have managed to keep from cutting it, but the time might come soon where at least 4 inches is going to have to come off from the breakage.  

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Carol M.
on 9/26/11 2:06 pm - TX
I went through the same thing at about 3-4 months out. Thought it would never stop, but it has. I'm 8 months out now and all is well. My hair was already somewhat thin on the right side and I feel like it may not be quite back to what my "normal" was. But the rest is growing back and as full as ever. This is not a permanent condition. It is just the body adjusting after all it has been through with surgery and changed dietary requirements. Just be patient a little longer. And if the ends are dry and breaking, then maybe a trim is called for. That way the hair feels healthier.
Rebecca H.
on 9/26/11 2:13 pm
My hair is falling out to. It's weird and scary at the same time. I have long hair so it might not be a lot but it looks like A LOT. I do have some new hair growing back already but it's still falling out. Tired of picking hair off my clothes. Now when I eat... at home or out, I put my hair up. Cooking ?? I put my hair up. I'll be glad when it stops too!
losing-jennifer
on 9/26/11 9:10 pm
My hair started a month ago and its just falling out worse now. Its making me very nervous but I also had this condition after having both of my kids. As soon as they turned 3 months it did this. Funny because at 3 months post op its shedding again. AND I have been very good about always taking my vitamins and meeting my protein requirements. I did everything right and its still falling out.
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

Tonya0531
on 9/26/11 11:02 pm - Lake, MS
My hair has been falling out for a month.  It is short so it doesn't look that bad but I can feel how thin it actually is.  I have noticed that it seems to be slacking up some though!  Hopefully I am about done.
Tonya
HW: 274  PreOp Diet: 271  Surgery: APRIL 25, 2011   
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics