Nauseated

Anewlife1979
on 9/30/11 12:46 am - Atlanta, GA
Please help, I get nauseated alot however I can't throw up. Is this normal? Was there something done in the surgery that won't allow me to throw up anymore. All I do is gag
I got my scheduled surgery date. 7-21-2011                     
AnneGG
on 9/30/11 12:52 am
It's normal for me. I was also nauseated my first 4 months after surgery.

When I dump, only a little bit comes up, that's all. Also, I think everything is still healing for you early out.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Dan OBrien
on 9/30/11 12:56 am - FL
Don't worry - you can throw up...but it's a totally different experience from pre-op.  I have only had the pleasure once so far, but really to me it is much nicer (if throwing up can be) than before - none of that burning from the stomach acid.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

vmeyerw
on 9/30/11 12:59 am - belfield, ND
im 7 weeks out and still get nauseated alot too and i do is just gag too just some spit comes up. do you get alot of saliva ? cause i do i dont if its caused by my false teeth but i never had that problem before surgery..
Anewlife1979
on 9/30/11 1:19 am - Atlanta, GA
Yes, I just do alot of salivating. It's really irritating
I got my scheduled surgery date. 7-21-2011                     
poet_kelly
on 9/30/11 1:19 am - OH
No, nothing was done during surgery that should prevent you from throwing up.

Do you know what is causing the nausea?  What does yoru surgeon say about it?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/11 1:39 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Nausea is the first sign of dehydration; are you getting your liquids? If not, "sipsipsip" is a REAL warning.

If you're ok with liquids, try taking some Prilosec OTC for the nausea; my surgeon had me take it for the first six weeks post-op. I took it the first thing in the a.m., every day, and it really helped. Talk to your surgeon about it first.

Best wishes,
Patti1md
on 9/30/11 1:43 am
It is called Dry Heaves.  I had this and it was a sign of dehydration.  I was unable to get the fluid down and eventually had to have a procedure called EGD.

Good luck!

Anewlife1979
on 9/30/11 3:18 am - Atlanta, GA
I do think Im having a problem with Dehydration because I only urinate about 3 times a day. As far as what's causing the nausea Im not sure whenever I eat anything lately I feel really sick. I contacted my doctor today and he said the same thing (sip,sip,sip) all day.
vmeyerw
on 9/30/11 4:07 am - belfield, ND
i just contacted my doc too they said the same thing im dehydrated and to sip sip  .. im not peeing alot either only about 3 times a day too. i guess we need to drink up !
Most Active
Recent Topics