Amazed!!!

Katie S.
on 10/1/11 5:43 pm - OH
I had my surgery on 9/12 and everything went very well. They were going to release me from the hospital on my 2nd day but the nurse I had made me feel like I had to have 8 oz of fluid every hour and I pushed myself way too much. I ended up staying in the hospital for 8 days... yikes! 

Since I've been home things are going great!!! I had to see my doctor on the Friday immediately following my release and there was some fluid build up in one of my incisions so he had to lance it... and by lance he took a pair of scissors and opened them in my belly to allow the fluid to drain.

I went to see my doctor again this past Friday and things are really going well. I am down 29 lbs, there is still a little drainage but it is starting to slow down a lot, I have been walking around the block and as much as possible. I have just been bumped up to soft/blended foods and let me tell you the tuna salad I made tonight was so good

Well that enough of my ramblings for tonight. I am so proud of myself and look forward to the months to come!!!

sjweiser
on 10/1/11 5:47 pm
 Hi and congrats on the weight lose. It does feel good  to always lose weight.
axlebart2
on 10/1/11 7:20 pm - CA
Hello...(I can't sleep!)
Sounds like you had a rough go of it early!!
Glad to see it worked out...TUNA SALAD!!!
your killing me AFTER THE 11TH FOR ME!!
good luck!
dasie
on 10/1/11 8:28 pm
...so glad you are well on your way on the road to recovery.

kellyl1202
on 10/1/11 8:53 pm
Glad you are home & doing better!  Sounds like things are on track now-best of luck to you-we had surgery the same day so I guess we are surgery sisters!
Kelly L  
5'ft 1in   RNY 9/12/11
301 HW / 287.7 SW / 216 CW / 150 GW

AnneGG
on 10/1/11 10:37 pm
Keep on plugging now that you are on track!

I'm glad you are finally feeling better!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 351 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 158 views
Recent Topics