eating too much and throwing up:(

teachermarsha
on 10/3/11 8:23 am
3 weeks out, still having some trouble with eyes bigger than my tummy.  The 4 times I've thrown up, I knew almost immediately that I had over eaten but simply wanted to finish the food cause it tastes soo good.  I'm learning though.  LOL  I'm still a work in progress.  How's everyone else doing that's about 3 weeks out?

emt_amy
on 10/3/11 8:31 am - MN
I'm doing that too! I think that's why they are so adamant on us measuring food. Lol I hope we learn fast cuz I hate throwing up. By the by, I'm 4 weeks tomorrow.

Bucketta
on 10/3/11 8:35 am
 I can't imagine being able to eat enough at 3 weeks out to even have to worry about throwing up.  At 4 weeks, I ate and got deathly ill.  I was still on full liquids at 3 weeks out.  To keep yourself from over eating mesure the amount that you should eat and know that you can't have more than that.  If I didn't measure my foods I would eat much more than I do.  I am a little over 8 months out and I can eat one chicken strip and it keeps me full all day.  I don't like to eat such junk food but some times when I am traveling I do stop and buy one, but only one, if I bought two then I would eat two.   

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

poet_kelly
on 10/3/11 9:25 am - OH
I did that several times early out.  Measure your food.  Eat what's on your plate.  Stop.  Even if it tastes really yummy.  You can have more later.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

glzgowlass
on 10/3/11 9:37 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
I was done one day after you.  So far I haven't thrown up so I'm lucky there.  They told me 2Tprotein and 1-2T of veg or fruit.  I find eating 4T easy and haven't overfilled.  Tonight for example, I had two scallops and 2T of roast veg souffle.  It was really nice.  I measured it out on my plate and ate all of it.  I felt like I could eat more, but know volume wise it would probably not be a good idea.

Like others say, measure it out at this stage and don't eat any more.  You can always eat some more in a couple of hours.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

SouthernFriedIssues
on 10/3/11 10:11 am
I throw up regularly but not because I overeat...I just have the grouchiest pouch on the planet.  I can eat something one day...try it the next and have to spit it up.   Today, "he" (my pouch) decided that he didn't particularly care for my multivitamin and I was violently ill in my trash can at work.  Thank goodness I have my own office. 

Food and I presently have an adversarial relationship.  If you are 3 weeks out and food tastes good...feel blessed.  Just be mindful of control.  You can do it!

I am nearly 5 weeks out.
Surgery date 8/31/2011 Starting Weight 278/ Surgery Weight 262 Current Weight 178
Goal Wht 165.....ONEDERLAND REACHED 1-27-12

~Women who behave themselves rarely make history~  
kellyl1202
on 10/3/11 10:32 am
same here-no vomiting yet but I'm learning to listen and pay close attention to my new stomach/pouch. No matter how good the food tastes to me it is not worth that sick feeling=-ugh I hate it! The minute I start feeling full or "sicky" I quit!
Momx4kids
on 10/3/11 2:46 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
That is a hard thing to gage, I measured and still sometimes couldn't fini**** all without having an issue. It didn't happen too often, but the last time that happened to me I was about 3 months out. So far no more issues, but I learned that feeling/warning right before food feeling stuck, and now know when to stop.
Rhonda

SW:260 lbs  CW 188 lbs

flyingwoman
on 10/3/11 11:13 pm, edited 10/3/11 11:14 pm
You won't have full sensation in your stomach back yet for a couple of months, so you must be extra mindful of measuring and pre-portioning. Build a habit of not letting yourself eat anything until you have measured the portion out, the food is away and you are sitting down to eat (I.e. no sneak tastes while cooking or portioning).

It's much easier to never let more on your plate than it is to stop when it's already on your plate.
Dan OBrien
on 10/4/11 1:48 am - FL
Same experience here - have only thrown up twice over the past two months, but sometimes it's that extra bite that pushes you over the edge.  Just last night I had some pork and had to pull the trigger because I felt so bad.  We'll all get there!
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

Most Active
Recent Topics