Doing much better FINALLY!!!!!!

tamtully71
on 10/4/11 2:12 pm
I had my surgery on August 16th and I am a month and 2 and 1/2 weeks out... I have lost 53 pounds and I am feeling better... It has been so rough!!!  I have this open wound from where one of the drains was and it is finally starting to heal.  The wound is still 3 inches deep and still causes me alot of pain.  I am able to keep more food down but still can not tollerate any of the protien drinks or shakes although I have found a granola bar that has 8 grams of protien in it that I am able to keep down.  It has been so hard because I feel hungry and I want to eat but I can not keep some things down, I use to love chicken, but now I can not eat it at all doesn't matter how it is cooked!  I was able to eat shrimp, but now it won't stay down.  It seems when I eat something a few times that after those few times my body just rejects it... not sure what is going on there but, I am so ready to be able to eat some decent food ya know... I am happy about my weightloss although I have to admit I don't really see it when I look in the mirror :(  Everyone else does but, I still see the same fat me...
Gina1013
on 10/4/11 3:12 pm - Canton, OH
 That is great that you are feeling better...I hope that your new tummy will get happy with the food soon!

As far as not seeing your weight loss.(which is GREAT btw)....have you taken a recent photo of yourself and compared it to a 'before' picture? Maybe you will see it better that way,  while you wait for your brain to catch up with your body 

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

jrobin14
on 10/5/11 3:22 am - Charlotte, NC
I also had my surgery on Aug 16th, I still can not tolerate any type of food so I kinda know how you feel. My surgon ststes that if I do not get any better then we are going to have to do tests to see what is wrong. I also can not see the weight loss but everyone else says they can see it.

Most Active
Recent Topics