Hunger Pangs - Right From The Beginning

nikki2092
on 10/8/11 12:44 pm - MI
omg Thank-god I am  not alone... my sister, my aunt, my co-worker have all had y and roux.
   I had it 10 days ago ... am told none of them felt hunger.. thought what the heck is wrong with me, have given in to egg drop soup..no veggies broth and whites of eggs to just have this feeling subside about 5 oz no problem in 15min... Now  i feel very guilty don't want to stretch my new pouch out already but i cant see how fixating for hours when after i gave in feel fine now can sip water.... haven't gotten sick or felt sick or any of the syndromes they say i should have.. I'm not glad that others feel like i am but i am glad to hear i am not alone..
Nikki
immafatgirl
on 10/8/11 11:42 pm - KY
even tho i stay hungry , i dont eat over 2 oz or meat any bigger than a matchbox. i dont want to have to go thru this surgery for nothing . but it does make me a witch . because i do want something else to eat ..
rbb825
on 10/11/11 2:20 pm - Suffern, NY
at 1 month out, 2 ounces at a time is great but the trick is to avoid hunger - how often are you eating?  If you are only 3 times per - YOU WILL STARVE - litterally.  You will also become malnurished unless you are doing major protein drinks and you will feel hungry all the time.

The most healthy way to eat and you will hear this on tv all the time by all the nutritionists, doctors and fitness gurus - is to eat 5 to 6 small meals per day, every 2 to  3hours - this pertains to us also and this is why.  By eating this way,  you increase your metabolism, you maintain a more steady blood sugar level - no rapid drops or spikes (Unless uncontrolled diabetes and then you should be eating this way anyway, and it will make it much better) and it decreases your hunger.   I did this from the start as recommended by my surgeon's office/NUT, my Endocrinologist and her NUT, and another surgeon that I had gone to before choosing my current surgeon.  This is just a healthy way to eat.  By only eating 3 times per day, I don't see anyone can possibly get in there calorie count and without relying almost totally on shakes for protein.

I was told at the beginning to eat every 2 hours( 1 -2 ounces)  up to 8 times per day for the first month - it turns out I was on liquids for 2 1/2 weeks and then pureeds for the next 2 1/2 weeks until my 5 week appointment where  I progressed to solids.  Thank goodness.  Once I went to solids, I was allowed 2 ounces every 2 to 3 hours   5 to 6 times per day and stayed this way until my 3 month appointment.

Try as you are progressing through new foods eat some more = it might actually help.

Most Active
Recent Topics