lovely little rant

berrixblonde
on 10/11/11 11:08 am - NY
 7 months out on friday, down 93 pounds. i spoke to my nutritionist today and she called me a slow loser and said she is unsure if i will be able to loose another 35 pounds...i have an appointment with her thursday that i am not looking foward to. *eye roll*

the real issue is when i went to refill my nexium saturday insurance decided its not in network anymore and it would have costed triple the price. so i waited until the DR opened today (because of the holiday) to call and ask for something comparable. these past 2 days my reflux has been so bad i want to cry. constant nawing feeling in my gut and burning in my throat..but eating is painful.

ive barely eaten all week because of the pain in my throat. so my question is...upon starting the PPI again, how long will it take to work?! ugh any insigh on either topic would be greatly appreciated.

also, my 7 month lab check up is thursday as well. i need to ask why i am dizzy upon standing, and why i am still loosing hair in the shower...

thanks for reading everyone! ---Nicole
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/11 11:32 am - TX
I am seven months out too - I've lost 85 pounds and I DO NOT consider myself a slow loser and neither does my doc! You are doing great.

There are many other things you can take if nexium isn't covered anymore - lots of over the counter stuff. Did you ask the doc if you can take that until another prescription is called in?

I am dizzy when I get up and down too. Its a blood pressure thing - mine is too low. I am still losing a little hair but it has tapered off quite a bit and I can see hundreds of tiny hairs growing back in, so that has to be good - I hope.

Hang in there.
Lisa E.
on 10/11/11 5:08 pm - Fontana, CA
 Your Nut sounds like a NUT you are doing AWESOME I am 6 month's and only down 60 lbs which is OK with me cuz I was a Light Weight and didn't have a whole lot to lose...

I am surprised you are still having reflux after RNY that's supposed to go away I am sorry you are still having issues with that..

Your dizziness could be from Low BP or Low BS I would suggest you check both next time it happens.

I am still losing my hair but i t has slowed down are you getting over 60 grams of Protein? I have upped mine to around 75 grams a day so we will see....

Hope you get it all figured out.

Good Luck, Lisa     

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 117 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?