Liquid supplements

Debra P.
on 10/20/11 9:48 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 I am already used to taking a variety of supplements everyday but I know that some of them will probably be difficult to swallow post op so I was looking for chewable types when I noticed that they sell a variety of Liquid types.  This seems like a great idea for post op especially since I will be on a liquid diet for a while. 
Has anyone here done the Liquid supplements?  What was your experience?   

lanagirl
on 10/20/11 9:57 am
I bought the liquid mulit's from GNC and I can honestly say they were the grossest thing I have ever tasted!

Andrea U.
on 10/20/11 10:02 am - Wilson, NC
Most are not worth the money you'll sink into them. Plus, they taste like crap, and don't have good shelf stability for the minerals and vitamins.

poet_kelly
on 10/20/11 10:10 am - OH
I use ENS from Celebrate which is a powder that you mix with water.  I think it tastes like Koolaid.  It's a multi plus 500 mg calcium.  They also have an ENS with protein if you want that. 

I also like Upcal D, which is powdered calcium citrate.  You mix it in any drink and it has no taste at all.

I like them both and my labs are reasonably good with them.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Debra P.
on 10/20/11 10:12 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 Thanks Kelly,  this is exactly the kind of info I was looking for !  As always, you rock !!

poet_kelly
on 10/20/11 10:16 am - OH
Keep in mind that everybody has different tastes.  I think the ENS tastes like Koolaid and like it but some people think it's icky.  Most people say that they agree the Upcal D has no taste but some don't care for it because if you don't drink it fast, the powder starts to settle to the bottom of your glass.  If that happens to me, I just stir it and it mixes right back in.  But try to get samples of things if you can before you spend a bunch of money.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Debra P.
on 10/20/11 10:23 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 Thats a great idea... samples.  

poet_kelly
on 10/20/11 12:03 pm - OH
I get ENS from celebratevitamins.com.  I get Upcal D from Colonial Medical.

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/11 11:51 am
Kelly,
Where do you get them?
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/11 11:51 am
Kelly,
Where do you get them?
Most Active
Recent Topics