One of those days

Debra P.
on 10/24/11 5:48 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 It's one of THOSE days for me.  I had another official weigh in at the doctors office... I lost 5 more pounds from last time... but I don't feel good about it.  5 pounds in 14 days for a pre op should feel good, but It doesn't.
I had to pull out some of my smaller clothes and box up the ones that are now too big and that should feel good, but it doesn't. 
I am actually scared to get rid of the bigger clothes... I have been in and out of them so often that I feel I might need them again some day.  
I am normally real positive and excited about this journey, but today... not so much.  I don't know what is wrong. Maybe this is some of the "mental" stuff I hear so many talk about?  Maybe it's PMS?
I am just frustrated today and I can't seem to wrap my head around my issue.

Pholaris
on 10/24/11 5:52 am
We all have days like that. Just get through it and know that is normal to feel all of this. BTW< congratulations on your weight loss. I lost 1 lb in two weeks on the liquid diet LOL.
Pregnancy%20ticker
poet_kelly
on 10/24/11 6:51 am - OH
Everyone has "off" days sometimes.  You know, maybe it's just like some days you have a headache.  It doesn't mean you have a brain tumor.  It just means you need some peace and quiet.  If the headache continues or gets so bad you feel like you're going to pass out, you need to go to the ER.  Otherwise, put a cool cloth on your head and lie down in a dark quiet room for a while and it'll probably go away.

So this might be some of the tough mental stuff but maybe it's just a little headache.  Give yourself a break.

I think lots of us are scared to get rid of the bigger clothes.  Hold on to them for a little while if you need to.  It might make it easier to donate them to someone that really needs them, when you're ready.  It feels good to help someone else and I know what it's like when you gain a lot of weight and none of your clothes fit and you can't afford to buy more, especially since you can never find size 3X at the thrift store or walmart. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

littleskie
on 10/24/11 10:07 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
I held on to my clothes till I lost so much weight I was sure I wasn't going to need them again. I gave them all away except for two dresses. a four x and a three x. I wore the four x into the surgery center eleven days ago for my plastics. I am wearing the three x right now. Its super huge on me but makes me feel so good even tho i'm in pain from the plastics. It boosts my spirits to grunge around the house in something so obviously huge on me....lol.

I hope that tomorrow is a better day for you. I think we all have those days.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Most Active
Recent Topics