Need some advice, no restriction at all 2 weeks out

Tirzah2011
on 10/26/11 1:20 pm, edited 10/26/11 1:21 pm
Hi all.  I know this question has been asked before and many have the same issue but it seems I'm the odd one out rather than the norm since I don't have any issues getting my current stage food down.  I do realize that when I move on to solids things will be different.  My surgeon suggests two weeks on clear liquids, 2 weeks on full liquids, 2 weeks on soft foods.  I'm doing okay with it all, sort of.  I realize that the liquids run through my pouch fast so I CAN eat more than I should, but I don't want to do that.  Well, that's not entirely true.  My head hunger says to do it but I do know better and I want to get away from that behavior!  I am not feeling physically hungry at all.  I haven't had any trouble getting in all my fluids from the beginning so I've had really little swelling or trauma from this at all.  (I believe that taking arnica after my surgery has helped a lot!)  My energy level is good, I feel great.  I'd like to know how much you guys think I SHOULD eat each meal.  Remember that I'm on full liquids.  How many calories do you think I should limit myself to each day? 

I also have to say that I sometimes forget that I just had surgery.  I KNOW my Dr. did the procedure, I saw my tiny pouch when I did my leak tests, but I just feel so good and so normal!  I'm not complaining, just taken by surprise and SO very thankful!
Blessings!

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  Albert Einstein

Pre-band weight 330 lbs, May 2004
RNY revision 296, October 2011
Current weight 218

Bettisima
on 10/26/11 1:28 pm
I had no issues with liquids from the second day home from the hospital. You are not broken already, its a good thing you arent struggling with your liquids. Dense foods will be much different. Don't focus on caloriies specifically. Focus on water first, and the minimum 64 ounces. Then target your protein, at 65 grams a day. Did your surgeon give you a protein goal?

My surgeon gave a guideline of no more than 15 calories per gram of pcrotein. That kind of assists with limiting fat and carbs, and putting the focus on the protein.
(deactivated member)
on 10/26/11 1:45 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Don't sweat the calories; you aren't on a diet.

You won't feel a restriction; this isn't a lap-band. Just do your best to get your protein and water in.

As you progress to more dense foods, you will begin to notice
that your nose may run, or you may get the sniffles or hiccup or belch when eating. When this happens, STOP EATING!! You need to start paying attention to little things like that!

Good luck!
poet_kelly
on 10/26/11 1:56 pm - OH
I don't think you need to count calories right now.  I think you need to eat small amounts of food four to six times a day, make sure you get at least 60 grams of protein and drink at least 64 ounces of liquid.  If you do that, the calories will take care of themselves right now.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Judy M.
on 10/26/11 3:09 pm
I feel no restriction either. I am measuring my foods and can drinks gulps rather than sips. I am loving this and so glad to be rid of that band!!!!!

Stephanie M.
on 10/26/11 10:51 pm - Los Angeles, CA
 I'll start by saying that after surgery, I was surprised by how normal it all felt. I didn't feel like this completely changed person (physically or mentally), so to me, that was a little shocking for some reason lol. 

And I didn't have any trouble getting down anything after surgery either. But you want to make sure and only eat the amount your surgeon is telling you to eat. So for me, I believe it was about 1/4 a cup of pudding or whatever I chose to eat. 

Later on, you will probably be thankful that you tolerate foods so well!

Steph

waitingtoexhale69
on 10/27/11 3:55 am - IL

You are so blessed to feeling "normal" lots of don't feel this way. Good luck in your pursuit of weight loss.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 281 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views