Pain in the neck = blood clot

Sunbunnyqt
on 10/29/11 9:13 am - FL
I had surgery 10/12/11 and had a central line put in my neck. About three days ago the site where the central line was hurting so much I started taking the pain medication I had for abdominal pain again. Went to the doctor yesterday; they found a blood clot in my jugular vein. That was the only clot just the one. They sent me home with a script for the blood thinner that is injected in the stomach. My husband, who used to give himself allergy shots is giving them to me twice a day.

I am to follow up with my PCP next week to be put on some blood thinner pills and continue to be monitored.

I just wanted to let other people know just fyi.

tulips52
on 10/29/11 11:40 am
 Sorry to hear that. Thanks for informing us. They had to put a line in the vein in my arm. (they did an ultrasound and then went from there...it was about 4-5 inches long) I thought that was bad...but the jugular must've been awful!!! Hope you are better soon!

pattymac65
on 10/29/11 11:46 am
 I had the jugular central line too.  Right side.  Wasn't too bad except for the really sticky tape on my face.  Thanks for the warning.  My surgery was 10/18 - no problems on that side but the left side still hurts like heck.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 308 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 81 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 81 views