=( Starting my 4th week & I still have no energy

Sunbunnyqt
on 11/5/11 8:13 am - FL
I had surgery on 10-12-11, so I'm starting my 4th week and I am still exhausted.

I am trying to get in the fluids and protein but I'm not getting the required amount in. I am taking my vitamins. I had a blood clot and had to go back on the pain medication for an extra week. I've been off the pain meds for 4 days.

I admire all of you who are back to work after 1 or 2 weeks. I do not have a job right now so I do not have that hanging over my head, but I have no energy for much of anything.

I was under anesthesia for about 4 hours. My incisions are healing well. I've lost about 23 pounds. I am just concerned about this feeling of utter exhaustion.

DivineMs.M
on 11/5/11 8:48 am
You are normal.  You may stay tired longer than other people!  I could never understand how anyone had enough energy to exercise.... ever. 
Give yourself a break!  When I went back to work I took naps on a couch that was so small, and it was out in a hallway.  I would get home and go right to sleep.  My family said I slept every moment available the first year.
It has been 28 months since I had my surgery.  I am finally feeling "normal".  I am not telling you to scare you, its just a lot of things have changed for me.  I am calmer, I take great with my health and make much better decisions about food and activities for myself and my family. 
We have taken it one day at a time and all learned about this.  You will take it at your own pace too.  Rest when you feel the need, and don't push yourself. This will eventually pass.
RoyzgIrl
on 11/5/11 9:03 am
I had my rny one month prior to you and I am still so tired I haven't returned to work. I get shaky and sweaty and feel completely wore out all day. I'm with you hoping to soon find that energy I once had!! Hang in there!! 
poet_kelly
on 11/5/11 9:21 am - OH
Not getting enough liquids or protein will make you very tired and weak.  How come you're not getting enough?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

nfarris79
on 11/5/11 10:14 am - Germantown, MD
 I feel ya but know it'll pass. As long as you start getting in AT LEAST the minimums, and I remember how hard that was, you'll start feeling better soon. I didn't have any energy until week 5 then it hit me and "normal" never felt so wonderful! Wasn't so wonderful to go back to working 2.5 weeks before I really had the energy to do it, but bill-man doesn't care that I was so tired I wanted to cry. 
Really make a huge effort to get your liquids/proteins/vitamins in EVERY day because it'll pay off in the long term. That's your job right now.

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Price S.
on 11/5/11 11:36 am - Mills River, NC
i didn't get my energy bac****il my D level came up.  Was yours tested before surgery?  It needs to be around 80-100.  If it isn't, get 50,000 u from Vitalady and get started on them daily until it gets up. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Sunbunnyqt
on 11/5/11 12:15 pm - FL
I'm only getting around 40g of protein and 40 oz of water. I struggle with protein shakes. I will ask my PCP for labs to find out where I am at there. I can barely walk for 30 minutes. I am not even close to functioning properly. I have all kinds of short term memory problems and cannot focus very well.
Smileygrl810
on 11/5/11 2:16 pm
I didn't have energy for the first 3 months. Everyone told me the first 3 months were the hardest and they were not lying. Right around the 3 month mark I started getting energy and feeling good. I had nothing but regret for those first 3 months. And I didn't have it bad looking back. I've had no issues since surgery. It will get better... I promise!!!

Highest Weight: 318 lbs
Surgery Weight: 265 lbs
Current Weight: 183 lbs
Goal Weight: 145 lbs 
hkailey
on 11/5/11 11:44 pm
I did not start getting my energy back till about 8 weeks out and my strength I am getting allmost back to normal...I am 7 months out.  I started walking each day and at 2 weeks was slowly working my way back into tennis.  Though for about 2 months it felt like my 10 oz racquet weighed 50lbs.   Be sure you are getting enough b12.  I use the sublingual tabs and take one a day.  Just check with your Dr. first to be sure it is ok.  Try your hardest to get your protein in each day.  I know my Dr. does not like it, but I still drink 1 protein drink a day that gets me to minimum amount required.  He would rather me eat my protein.  This way, I know I get my protein in daily anything over that is a bonus:)   Try to be active each and every day.  May sound funny, but for me, the more active I am, the more energy I have.  Good luck! 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 241 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views