WAS THAT A COMPLIMENT? LOL ...SHARE YOURS!

freeme31
on 11/21/11 9:00 pm
So, I have been getting some great compliments lately on my weight loss.  It makes me feel really good.

HOWEVER - there are those compliments that make you wonder

For example, "You look great!  I mean you looked good heavier, but you look great now." HUH?!?

So what has been your most awkward compliment that made you say - Thanks, I think!

Sam

mrslatch
on 11/21/11 9:10 pm - Fort Campbell, KY
I've gotten some like that too. Like, "you've always been pretty, but now you look fantastic" or "I always knew you'd look amazing smaller". Hummm...really?

Oh well. I'm happy with me and look good.
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

Cleopatra_Nik
on 11/21/11 9:32 pm - Baltimore, MD
See I don't take that as a backhanded compliment. It's the person's way of saying they always thought you were good looking. I think that's sweet.

At nearly 4 years out I don't get the "you are doing so great!" type things any more.

I did get a really nice compliment from a drunk guy.

My daughters' Girl Scout troop was out at the football stadium selling cookies this past weekend and I'm out there with the girls, yelling out for people to come buy and a guy swaggers over and goes, "I don't want any cookies but I would like to buy you a drink cuz you got a great rack!" I smile. He goes on to say, "Seriously, miss. If I was your child I'd act up just so you could spank me..." and then totters off.

I take what I can get!
DisneyLover
on 11/21/11 9:48 pm - WI
I would have said if you buy 5 boxes of cookies I will spank you. :)

Gotta love drunk guys

Sarah

Cleopatra_Nik
on 11/21/11 10:10 pm - Baltimore, MD
See this is where the whole "values' BS just stands in my way! He looked like he had some money.

My resolution for 2012 is to ditch the goodie two-shoes act and become an unapologetic gold digger.

Ayup.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

DisneyLover
on 11/21/11 11:12 pm - WI

LOVE it!

Sarah

freeme31
on 11/22/11 3:57 am
freeme31
on 11/22/11 3:57 am
lol...Nik was he cute
Sam

Cleopatra_Nik
on 11/22/11 4:02 am - Baltimore, MD
Uh...no. He was a little ratty dude. But little ratty dudes need someone to spend their money on too don't they? Are they not every bit as deserving of a trophy wife as the next rich guy???

;)

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

gabbyabby
on 11/21/11 9:52 pm
I ran into a lady from work with her arrogant husband.  She goes Hunny do you remember Abby... he goes yeah but last time i saw her there was a whole lot more of her. 

WTH?  really?  Thanks!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 281 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?