2 days out - need support

owlisn
on 11/30/11 11:08 pm - NC
 Had my RNY on Tuesday and came home Wednesday night because I was doing so well.  I was told to focus on hydration and hold off on protein drinks until a few days. What about Isopure?  I thought I could do Isopure.  Waiting for MD to call, but thought I would check here.

Other than canned broths, what kind do you use?
Vanessa A.
on 11/30/11 11:10 pm - FL
its clear liquids for the first 48 hrs, then you can start protein .

God grant me with the serenity to accept the things i cannot change ;  Courage to change the things that i can ;  and the wisdom to know the difference!!!

poet_kelly
on 11/30/11 11:51 pm - OH
Isopure is a clear liquids.  I was given clear protein drinks in the hospital about eight hours after my surgery.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cherylkas
on 11/30/11 11:30 pm - PA
 I drank protein from the start. Isopure is concidered a clear drink on my plan as you can see thru it. I also had unjury chicken broth. 
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

PamLane
on 11/30/11 11:39 pm - Houston, TX
I too drank Isopure as a clear liquid - you won't be able to drink too much at a time and the protein will help with the healing.
pattymac65
on 11/30/11 11:46 pm
 Every doctor has a different plan.  I was on clear liquids for 10 days.  No protein shakes.  No Isopure.  Stick to clear until you hear back from your doctor.  I didn't use canned broth, I used those cartons by Swanson.  I didn't care for the beef, only the chicken.

poet_kelly
on 11/30/11 11:50 pm - OH
Why no protein for so long?  We need protein to help us heal.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

owlisn
on 11/30/11 11:57 pm - NC
 He told me to focus on hydration for the first few days, then add protein.  I had taken Unjury chicken soup to the hospital thinking I could use it.  Thanks for the response!

poet_kelly
on 11/30/11 11:50 pm - OH
Isopure should be OK, even on clear liquids.  If you're able to get protein in already, that's great.  I think they just tell people to focus on hydration because that is the most important thing.

Glad to hear you are doing so well!

vervetoloose
on 12/1/11 12:01 am
Yes, the Isopure RTD is clear liquid and should be fine.

" Oh you who love clear edges more than anything...........watch the edges that blurr."

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 187 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 187 views