what can I do for...

Sunshine6102
on 12/2/11 12:23 am - Everett, MA
a very irritated belly button? i have cleaned it with alcohol/peroxide but today its very itchy and uncomfortable. is this common should i call my doc about it to get suggestions? i dont know what else to do for it...thanks!
Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/2/11 12:25 am - Baltimore, MD
DOCUMENT IT!!! It will be helpful if you decide to go the plastics route. And call the doctor if it gets too irritated and red to have medical documentation.

So far as relief...I find A&D ointment helps.
Sunshine6102
on 12/2/11 12:33 am - Everett, MA
awesome thank you for the suggestion. i am considering having the belly removed but i haven't had the balls to call to schedule the appt wtih the plastic surgeon. i know my insurance company will cover the removal of that so the document part is where i gotta start. i think i will call my dr and start having him note it on my chart.. :)
gabbyabby
on 12/2/11 12:50 am
baby powder works for me.  dries it out and makes it smell good.  :)

Sunshine6102
on 12/2/11 3:26 am - Everett, MA
thanks for suggesting that gabby...i did notice an odor and have been panicked about that as well...it looks as bad as it feels :(
Blondie76
on 12/2/11 8:49 am - AL
Yeast infection cream or Apple cider vinegar with the mother should clear it up. I usually use the vinegar.
PTM
on 12/2/11 8:58 am
When my daughters were babies and had diaper rash, I used plain corn starch. It always worked better for drying things out than baby powder, at least for us.
Margaret   HW: 342    SW: 320    CW:  228    GW:  175    3          
Hillery82211
on 12/2/11 9:00 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
I second the cornstarch!  Although you can use the cornstarch baby powder.  Don't use the "regular" baby powder...it's talc and I don't think it will work as well.
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
Most Active
Recent Topics