Surgery on Tuesday and I just want to fart

xtine
on 12/2/11 5:01 am - San Jose, CA
 I feel crampy in my lower belly like I could fart but can't pass gas for the life of me. What gives? Also I have extreme upper middle back pain. Man this sucks. 

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

bowlwidow
on 12/2/11 5:05 am - IN
Sounds like gasx pains.  Try gas or tums.  I lived on them for the first month or so.  Good luck on your journey and welcome to the losers bench.

Christy

HW/SW/CW/GW
324/287125/130      

jkay05
on 12/2/11 5:08 am
I couldnt fart for a couple weeks post op either. Gas x helped some but not helping fart. I'll tell you though..You will be so happy when you can fart again as weird as that sounds.lol

roogirlmulder
on 12/2/11 5:16 am - San Diego, CA
I found that walking, even the slow and steady kind after surgery, really helped in moving my gas around and out. I was lucky in that I didn't have to go as far as having to take gas-x, but have heard from others that it really did help them.

I promise, you'll toot soon enough and you'll feel SOOOOO much better =)

Sian
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it."
Surgery Date 8/25/2011
Highest Weight 310lbs - Current Weight 154lbs - Goal Weight 175lbs

clovergirl
on 12/2/11 6:18 am - Canada
I feel your pain... I had the same thing when I was in the hospital, and I walked until finally I tooted. I took Gas-X strips a few times, found it helped a bit but nothing helped quite like walking... I told my husband I've never been so happy to fart in my life. Good luck, it will happen soon, and you won't have this feeling forever.
owlisn
on 12/2/11 7:02 am - NC
My surgery was on Tuesday too. I came home on Wednesday and was worried that as well. I dropped something and had to get on all fours to pick it up. That did the trick as soon as I got on my hands and knees! My belly is massively rumbling though. I hope that gets better soon. Maybe I am not sipping right and adding more air.
Allison

NanaRose142
on 12/2/11 9:02 am - TX
Get a tsp of yellow mustard like you put on sandwiches and slowly eat it and it takes the gas away.  Read that on this forum somewhere, tried it and it worked.  My husband just had surgery and it worked for him also...
Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I got older.    
BWB
on 12/2/11 11:48 am
 OMG  I farted and belched constantly.  I was concerned that it was something that my doctor forgot to tell me and it would go on forever.  But it gradually stopped and I had even forgotten it.  My stomach still gurgles as food goes down but that's better than farting when we dine out.

Cankles2Ankles :D
on 12/2/11 5:23 pm - Seattle, WA
RNY on 01/25/12
I have heard a lot of people say that "Gas-x Strips" worked well for them. You mighty try giving them a go if you need a little relief? 

Hope you feel better. 
leo73
on 12/3/11 1:34 am - Atlantic Beach, FL
 Hi, I had surgery on Monday and i still have a lot of gas pain too. I found that drinking some hot tea really helped to get some of it out. I also use the GasX cinnamon strips which do help. I have told my family members that I have to let it go wherever I am so be warned! The back pain is probably the trapped gas as well. I have some pain in my shoulder, good luck, it will get better.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 462 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 513 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 403 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics