post op 3 days

ntine4
on 12/2/11 12:15 am
Post op 3 days surgery went great i thought it was going to be so much worse then it was and the pain has been ok to deal with. I have noticed though that I have to keep up on my liquids otherwise I will forget becasue i don't feel hungrey. I'm looking forward to week 2 and then week three. I am finding im tired of the same old thing anyone have anything else that they came across that was easy to have during the liquid diet? I am also having bad back pain and i have been only been able to sleep on my couch when will i be able to sleep in bed. any info would be great also would like to meet some friends on here for support.
Vanessa A.
on 12/2/11 12:18 am - FL
absolutely .... i have to do a liquid diet for the first 2 weeks post op and i hate it at this point!!

God grant me with the serenity to accept the things i cannot change ;  Courage to change the things that i can ;  and the wisdom to know the difference!!!

xtine
on 12/2/11 12:34 am - San Jose, CA
I had surgery the same day as you and my back hurts so bad too. I think it is the gas. My belly hurts pretty bad too. Good luck to you!

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

Libby0218
on 12/2/11 1:41 am - TX
I'm a revision on week 5.5 of post op and STILL on a liquid diet. It is OLD. I'm hoping my 6 week post op visit will bring the news of a soft diet!
Christiana H.
on 12/2/11 2:56 am - Melrose, MA
I ate alot of sugar free popsicles...some sugar free pudding...tomato soup every other day...organic broth...sugar free jellos...and every other day i would make a protein shake with protein powder and 100% orange juice (vanilla protein powder made it taste like a creamsicle!). I also had banana, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, and fat free chobani yogurt. I tried to eat differently every day to not get bored.
once your dr approves the soft diet...scrambled eggs, mashed potatos, cream of wheat, soft veggies, etc...you will be happy! hang in there.

~Christiana~

mkhardee
on 12/2/11 12:09 pm - NC
I also had my surgery on Tuesday.  What's bothering me the most is being so stiff when I wake up. I can sleep all night (thanks oxycodone!) or take a brief nap, but when I get up the pain is nearly unbearable.  Also, I have found that walking short distances, to the mailbox, out to give the dogs treats, have helped to loosen me up some during the day.

owlisn
on 12/3/11 9:02 am - NC
I went shopping today for some full liquids and noticed that Tomato Soup has at least 10g of sugar. Doesn't that pose a risk for dumping? I would really like to try it, but am a little scared.
Allison

ntine4
on 12/5/11 11:32 pm
i was told not to have anything over 20 25 g of sugar so with that 10 you should be ok

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/16/12 6:23 am - OH
 20-25 g of sugar?!?!?  That is a TON of sugar for RNYers and will make most people dump in a big way!  The usual guideline is nothing with more than 9g of sugar.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/16/12 6:25 am - OH
Please be careful and eat only a small amount of the soup... 10g of sugar is marginal (most surgeons tell you to stay in single digits).  I do not dump easily, but tomato soup was one of the three things that caused me full-blown dumping episodes during my first year post-op.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 314 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 330 views