Fat?

mrslatch
on 12/5/11 4:52 am - Fort Campbell, KY
Should we be concerned with counting fat? I read a post earlier about fat, or that refrenced it. I'd been giving it some thought lately and was wondering what everyone elses thoughts were on it?
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/5/11 4:56 am
yea we should... too much - not good. not enough not - good.
And then,,, some of us dump on fat.   That makes you count fat really fast... not a total fat - but each meal fat gr.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Lisa R.
on 12/5/11 5:02 am - CA
 I would say yes and no.

Yes, be aware of the fat in foods, there are good and bad fats.  I would not eat something that had tons of fat in it, but if it was high in fat maybe 20 grams I might check what kind of fat it is and how much I have already had for the day.

I think with the restriction we have it is hard to take in enough of anything therefore we need not worry about getting too much of anything.

My doctor said that we should concern ourselves more with choosing the right foods, that would be products that are high in nutrition and fill us up for good periods of time like protein.  Protein has fat, but that is good cause we need it. 

So I think it is more food choice.  Good foods have good fat and I would not worry.  I would avoid fried foods and stuff like that just because they are bad all around.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Samantha L.
on 12/5/11 5:13 am - Petaluma, CA
 I don't count fat, but I do take note when my tracker shows my fat grams are really high. It's always a little higher than it should be, because I use heavy cream in my coffee.
  I figure that as long as I am getting in all of my protein and keeping carbs low, the fat will sort of take care of itself.  SO FAR (knock on wood) that has worked for me.

cajungirl
on 12/5/11 5:25 am
I watch my fat to a degree but I don't substitute on things like full fat mayo or full fat cheese.  As Nik said earlier I know I also still malabsorb fat and my skin is super dry so I make sure I add fat to my daily intake.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/5/11 7:40 am - OH
I'm like Dana... I don't track it (and I still use full fat mayo and cheese, and I eat almonds or cashews almost daily), but I do keep an eye on it.  Too much fat results in diarrhea for me, but too little results in dry skin and hair and constipation.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

mrslatch
on 12/5/11 7:40 am - Fort Campbell, KY
Thanks yall. I guess I just never gave it too much thought until now. The fats I eat are from meat, dairy, and nuts. So "good" fat. And I eat protein forward.

Do you all try to stay under a certain amount of fat? Or do just look and see where the fat is from and go from there?
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/11 2:19 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Just make sure your body likes what you're getting!

I like to do avocadoes as well as using EVOO in cooking and salad dressings.  You will learn what consumption level is best for you.

We're all so individual, so if you have a problem, check with your doctor or nute.

Best wishes,
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 116 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?