1 week till surgery!

Michelle V.
on 12/6/11 9:15 pm - Livonia, MI
Any one else having surgery next week?

I'm not nervous yet.  I guess I have been too busy with work and getting everything ready at home. 

My husband is a big planner, so last weekend we went through the pantry planning my meals for my 8 day "diet" of under 1000 calories.

This weekend, it will be shopping for my 2 week after surgery diet - broth, jello, etc.

Jamie B.
on 12/6/11 9:35 pm - MI
Good luck Michelle!! I bought a lot of stuff prior to my surgery...and most of it got used...but I bought a TON of cans of chicken broth...but HATED it post surgery!! I could make broth using ho****er and a buillion cube, but the can stuff was gross to my new stomach! Its a good thing you aren't really hungry those first few weeks....none of the liquid stuff is very appetizing. I did love the sugar free popscicles.

Wishing you a safe surgery and quick recovery!! 
Jamie        
puppyluvs
on 12/7/11 12:04 am
 OMG!!!!!   DON'T do it!!!!!!!
fresmaestra
on 12/7/11 3:34 am
Hi!  My surgery in next Wednesday, too!  I don't know what time yet.  I don't know how you are not nervous yet!  I wasn't until about 2 weeks ago. Then all of a sudden it hit me like a ton of bricks!  I have been reading everyone's posts on here about all of their experiences and WOW!  After reading some of the complications and especially losing my hair, I started to freak out!  I wish you the best and send you good surgery vibes.  Please keep in contact with me and share you experiences since we'll be doing this the same time!
LisaM30
on 12/7/11 11:48 am, edited 12/7/11 11:48 am - Wesley Chapel, FL
Mine is on Wednesday the 14th as well!!!  It'****ting me now that it is so close.  I'm not super nervous....just when I start to really think about it, which I'm trying not too.  I just know that having this weight off will be so much better for me healthwise, that I am looking forward to the change more than being nervous.  Good luck to you others on our date.  Keep in touch!

Lisa

00NewBeginnings00
on 12/8/11 6:35 am
RNY on 02/06/12
What kind of diet did you have to do preop??
Did you have to do Optifast drinks at all??
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 198 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 13 views
Recent Topics