Is it all in my mind?

Kim2011
on 12/12/11 10:48 am - NC
Ok. So I'll start by saying that I have always had issues with nausua..2 weeks ago I was having heart burn that wasn't going away with the meds that the dr gave me so they had me do a baruim swallow that looked good. Thursday I went to the ER because I was extremely  nauseous. They gave me meds and did some xray thing said it looked normal...as soon as I left the er I threw up the whole way home! Sunday was sick to my stomach and now today I threw up lunch and dinner. I just took some more nausua medicine but it feels like it is stuck in my throat.

Is it all in my head?! Am I eating/drinking too fast?

dori M.
on 12/12/11 11:24 am - MD
 It can't be all in your mind if you vomited all the way home. Make sure you stay in communication with your surgeon to make sure you get the treatment you need.

Hope you feel better soon!

medasstcheri
on 12/12/11 11:25 am - MI
 You could try drinking some peppermint tea, it helps me with nausea.  It is pretty good this time of year!  Sure hope you get it figured out soon.  Ondancetron helped well with the nausea in the beginning for me too.   Best of luck to you!
Cabin_Fever
on 12/12/11 12:37 pm
I would suggest trying some different foods, to find someting that doesn't cause the nausea.  And it almost sounds like you are eating too much or too fast.  Go back to simple foods for a few days and see what happes, i.e., jello made with a bit of protein powder, broth, sugar free popcicles, Cream of Wheat hot cereal, etc. 

I hope it resolves itself soon.  Take care.

"We either make ourselves miserable or we
make ourselves strong.  The amount of work is the same...."    - Don Juan Matus

kyliemaureen
on 12/12/11 2:11 pm
I actually had surgery the same day you did and for the first almost two weeks I had the exact same issues. Nausea all the time, dry heaving, even ended up in the ER for dehydration because I wasn't able to get anything down for so long. For me, it actually ended up being the combination of pain killer they sent me home on, and the anti-nausea medicine. Neither were the same as what they had been giving me in the hospital. I was prescribed an oral anti-nausea medicine, a patch for behind my ear, and even a suppository, all of which made me feel worse and caused more issues within minutes of me taking them. It is obviously a good idea to keep in contact with your doctor, but to be honest, literally the day after I discontinued the meds, I started to feel so much better. I am still working on acid reflux issues and am taking a pill for that, but no more just nausea isssues. Day by day I have been able to increase my eating and drinking, so I just wonder if maybe you are having an adverse side affect like I did?
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 379 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 345 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 200 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 221 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 124 views
Recent Topics