2 weeks and 2 days post op

ntine4
on 12/14/11 8:51 pm
ok scale is moving but i dont seem or look any diffrent. the only place i see any diffrence is in my face it seems to have gotten smaller.
Is your face the first place you start seeing it?

Also, i've noticed the scale was moving like -1 pound everday and now it barely has moved. d Which i also have not had a BM in 10 is this normal? has anyone else dealt with this and how did you move past it. I wonder if not having a bm is why i stopped losing weight? I am passing gas but nothing else. Just weird. oh well have my first post op dr visit today lets see what he says.Not looking forward to getting on the scale there the scale at the drs office always says im heavier then the one at home. so i guess ill see my true weight. hope it wont be a disappointment.

bzbabs
on 12/14/11 9:09 pm - Chesaning, MI

My date was 11/29/11, as well, and I think you should have had a BM by now, especially if you are on pureed foods.  If only on liquids it would be watery but I think you should see something.  I am not a doctor, however, and that could just be my opinion.  Have you tried calling your doctor about your bowels?  Passing gas is a great sign so it may just be that your bowels are still waking up.  I have lost about 12 lbs. from my pre-op weight and feel like the scale is moving slowly but, in all reality, it is moving very quickly.  If we look at the math that is 6 lbs. per week!  When the scale doesn't move too much I just tell myself that means my body has a little bit of time to adjust to the weight loss.  The slower the loss the better our body adjusts, I've heard.  The more quickly the loss the more our body is in shock and we tend to lose more hair and muscle tone.  Just what I have heard.  Good luck!

ntine4
on 12/14/11 9:23 pm
Thank you. I will be asking my doctor when i see him today it's actually my first post op visit. But i really didn't think of the weight loss like that thank you so much for easing my mind. I will  be patient I just figure it will eventially come off at it's own time. the weight i have lost already is amazing I have been fighting to lose any weight for the last year so I guess this is good progress. 

Thank you again.

jodee62
on 12/15/11 12:46 am - MI
My surgery was 11/29 too! If you are following the diet, the weight will come off, the body continually is adjusting to all these changes we are making! I had a lot of gas and started having watery bms I believe about 4 days after the surgery, and I was surprised but felt less bloated too! Have been on pureed diet since this past Monday and yesterday actaullay had a soft formed bm!
Now, I had a friend who had RNY done 3 months ago, and she did not have a bm for 7 days, and I had her call the doc. office. They suggested she try Benefiber on a regular basis, but had her take MOM first and boy did that get her going! I think everyones bowels are going to react differently. Glad you are going to see him today, maybe he can put your mind to rest with some answers to your problem.  Keep up the good work!!! Have a good day!
Jodee
L. Rios
on 12/15/11 4:26 am - Springfield, MO
I'm 3 years out, it took me a year to loose 100 lbs and another year to loose 78.  Just think of it like this....when in your life did you ever loose a pound a day?  You're body has gone threw alot and it has to step back and ajust to the changes. This will happen several times in the next few months. Trust me on this, if you do what you're supose to you will loose.  You're not eating alot so its normal to not poop alot as well.  Drink your fluids and take your vitamins.  Make sure you get your protien in and you should be good to go!  Congratulation on your surgery! Its an amazing journey! :D Lou
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 313 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 330 views