Finally feeling human again!

willoseit
on 12/20/11 12:29 am
Hey everyone,

I had my surgery on 12/5 and today I finally feel human.  It has been rough because I thought I would have an easier recovery.  Surgery went good.  I was supposed to only stay in hospital till 12/7 but ended up staying an extra day.....unsure why, but I am glad because I didnt feel good at all that night and it was nice to have pain meds for one more night.  I am sooo tired all the time since my surgery but i know it is my body healing and rest is good for you.  I threw up one time and had dry heaves another but that was like over a week ago.  I am still on protein drinks only and getting so tired of them...I have tried several and they are all gross.  So ready for real food.  I have my 2 week post op today and am hoping to go to soft foods. Also looking forward to having drain removed.  I dont work so that has been nice for my recovery that I can just take it easy.  The last couple of days I have been really struggling with the protein drinks so that is why I think I have been feeling a little yucky.  I am going to go to GNC on wednesday and I am hoping to find a different protein drink that isnt sooo gross.  Thanks for letting me rattle on.  Everyone have a Merry Christmas!  And a Happy New Year!

HW: 324.7  SW:      CW:        GW:165    
april89love
on 12/20/11 12:39 am - NC
Congratulations on your surgery! It will get better, I promise.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/11 12:51 am
Glad you're feeling better! One day at a time.... :)
WoodsonArcher
on 12/20/11 1:02 am - TX
Wow, I am sorry you had issues with recovery. i had my surgery on 12/6 and have been fine. i have only vomited 1 time and that was my fault as i ate chicken when i shouldnt have {was also tired of full liquids}. I hear of people with drains. What's up with that? i dont have one and apparantly didnt need one.

dasie
on 12/20/11 1:50 am
Congratulations!!!!!  I'm glad you are feeling better.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views