Christmas Dinner Suggestions....

Sunshine6102
on 12/22/11 2:29 am - Everett, MA
I am having Christmas at my house this year and even though i wont have all my family there I am still going to do dinner. Here is what I came up with so far...

Appetizer-Buffalo Chicken Dip/ Baked Crab Rangoon
Dinner-Glazed Ham/ all the fixings
Dessert- Sugar Free Cheese cake with either Strawberries or Blueberries on top your choice
Chocolate Pudding Pie-as requested by my son
Peanut Butter Squares

I am having 9 people over including me and my family and as far as myself I plan on having a few of the baked crab Rangoon and some of the buffalo chicken dip. I cant do Ham..and My brother in law and Niece don't eat Ham...what else can I make?? I was thinking a Roast Beef with Garlic and Herbs on top and inside but that seems boring...what are you having and do you have any suggestions???
Pholaris
on 12/22/11 3:32 am
I make my own version of chicken gordon blue

tenderloins (I pound them so they are think
Stuffed with proscuitto and goat cheese
rolled, pin with tooth pick and then I bake them. It has no breading. Super yummy. Goat cheese can be substituted for all kinds of cheese like mozzarella, cream cheese, fontina cheese, etc.
Pregnancy%20ticker
Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/22/11 3:44 am - Baltimore, MD
Uhhhh...I wanna come to your house for dinner!
DisneyLover
on 12/22/11 4:05 am - WI
sounds yummy.

I am making prime rib and ham, hashbrown casserole, corn, spinach salad, rolls, jello, cheesecake and brandy slush.

Sarah

WoodsonArcher
on 12/22/11 6:06 am - TX
I am easy to please after the liquid diet thing. I want some green bean casserole, fat free / sugar free banana pudding and I am going to try a little turkey to see how that goes.

missjann
on 12/22/11 10:04 am, edited 12/21/11 10:05 pm
Wish I could help but while I would love roast beast for Christmas, my
family has over-ruled me and it's going to be ham. I don't really care for
ham, but ham it is. I will make myself yummy salmon for dinner. I
rub both sides with spices, lightly coat with dijon mustard on both
sides, sprinkle with lemon and coat with fresh-grated parmesan, which
makes a lovely crust when baked. I buy fresh caught, flash-frozen salmon
steaks and keep a few in the freezer for just this kind of moment.

Then it's scalloped potatoes for the family- mashed ginger sweet potatoes
for me (and them if they're good and not naughty!) broccoli with cheese sauce,
fresh green beans with blue cheese broiler melted on top (for fam-I HATE
bleu cheese), cornbread, cottage cheese/jello/cool whip/fruit salad thingy,
pumpkin custards and mixed berry pie. For appetizer before dinner I make
dip (1 c. ff sour cream, 8 oz. lf cream cheese, 16 oz. cottage cheese, 1 packet
Ranch dressing mix, a little ff milk to thin-dash of pepper and garlic). It's delish
and is a good base to thin for dressing- or add shrimp or garlic and chives
for different dips.

Mostly looking forward to family and a quiet day. Happy holidays everyody.
    Jan

Michelle E.
on 12/22/11 10:17 am
We are going to Grandma's for Christmas Dinner.. I dont miss all the cooking and left overs..

I love Roast Beef, Prime Rib, with Garlic Mashed Potatoes.. and green beans..

Yummers!
LJ1972
on 12/22/11 10:31 am - FL
I am having:
- turkey
- ham
- baby green Limas
- blackeyed peas with snaps and okra
- dressing (for my folks)
- cranberry sauce
- rolls (not me)
- SF Pumpkin pie
BWB
on 12/22/11 11:14 am
 There's not much time to get a menu going... I thought about beef tenderloin (30 min to roast) wrapped in puff pastry with a mushroom pate....choux pastry filled with whipping cream or Bavarian custard and drizzled with chocolate sauce, my sons love them piled high with carmelized sugar.  Not on my diet but the family has traditions that they want to keep.  Maybe twice baked potatos, veggies, whatever it turns out to be, I'll have a bite and I'm not worried about doing any damage.  That is the good part of RNY...no room in the pouch for much.  

hlacy
on 12/22/11 1:40 pm - Chandler, AZ
I am having a nice piece of halibut cooked in lemon juice and dill as my main dish. Not sure what sides we are doing yet...I'm bringing a seven layer bean dip for the day munching, and there will be some healthier spinach dip and a veggie tray for me. I am thinking of toasting up some high protein low carb tortillas to replace chips for some salsa, although I can use the veggies for that, too. Desserts, I also have no idea, but I am bringing some protein peanut butter oatmeal balls to share - YUM!
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Most Active
Recent Topics