Pregnancy After Surgery

bypassobesity
on 12/22/11 8:08 am
Hello all,
I just need a little clarity about life after gastric bypass; I am still learning all of the ropes. I have missed my monthly cycle by approx 4 days now. I have taken 2 hpt's that have both been (-). I am having some similar symptoms to my last pregnancy; cravings, sensitivity to smells, mood swings (which i have actually had since surgery) but now they are stronger, constant running discharge...I am unsure if possibly the surgery is causing me to have inaccurate results somehow? I'm not exactly sure where to go from here. I don't really know if I should bother asking my GYN to do a blood test when I havent received a (+) at home.
Has this happened to anyone else Post-op?
Thanks Ladies
Rhonda

Kathy M.
on 12/22/11 9:42 am - summershade, KY
I the mood swings are normal and will get better and sensitivity to smells that normal to and does not get better I'm 4 months out  still bad and if you didn't start after a week I would go to the dr  hope this helps

Kathy M

lilbear412
on 12/22/11 11:02 am - MN
 your almost 10 months out from surgery correct?   Or is the date you have listed as your RNY under your picture wrong?  I DID get a negative when i was pregnant with my last daughter and then got a positive later.  You can have a false negative but never a false positive.  If your really 10 months out and all of a sudden your getting these symptoms..give it another week and test again..or go in for a blood test.    I have never been pregnant AFTER surgery so i can't tell you if any of this is normal.  I am only 4 months out and i will still have cravings..and some days the things i LOVE do not appeal to me but next week they might.  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

bypassobesity
on 12/22/11 11:44 am
Thank you ladies, yes I am 10 months out! I will wait it out a little while longer and see what happens. Thanks again for the responses!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 292 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 218 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 285 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 146 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 218 views