Grrrr!

pittgal08
on 12/30/11 6:33 am
Grrrr! So I ordered a juicer from Amazon. I love Amazon I order stuff all the time, and never, ever have they required a signature. Not even when I got my fiance a bass guitar! Today, of course, I got home from getting all my yummy veggies, and there was a note on the door that they need a signature and they will retry the delivery on Monday. WTF!!! K I just had to vent. It's really ok. The veggies will be fine, and I'll continue on my plan just without the juice.It's just frustrating to always be put on hold. Like I don't understand why I have to lose 100 lbs in order to have surgery. Many people have had surgery at 425 or 450, but not me, of course, I have to be at 399 or they won't do it. Grrrr! K I need to take a breath I'm letting my emotions run away with themselves. Thank you for letting me vent.

A. C
on 12/30/11 7:10 am
when i have days like this, i always try to remember Finding Nemo... "just keep swimming, just keep swimming"

Medley411
on 12/30/11 7:37 am

I think that they would like for you to lose wieght to make your liver smaller.  I cant understand how they 100 pounds came into the scenerio.
At any rate, it may be worth it to see if you can get a second opinion.  
Hang in there and stick to the plan the best you can.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/30/11 2:15 pm - OH
There are additional risks and difficulties of doing surgery on someone who is over 400 pounds.  Many surgeons are not trained (or experienced enough with very large patients) to do it, and some simply are not willing to deal with the additional issues.  It really is primarily a patient safety issue, though.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

april89love
on 12/30/11 7:40 am - NC
I saw the video you were talking about but not until after surgery. I would have tried the juicing first if I had seen that before. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret my surgery in the least, but it is a drastic change. Hope your juicing is fruitful!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

poet_kelly
on 12/30/11 7:56 am - OH
Venting is OK.  Just think of this as an opportunity to practice dealing with frustrating or anger without eating to make it feel better.

I've never needed a signature when ordering from Amazon either, by the way.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

seashell6417
on 12/30/11 8:18 am - Gaylord, MN
Sometimes when you order from Amazon's website you are actually ordering from a different retailer/distributor and different businesses use different shipping methods.  I hope your order was shipped via UPS as the USPS is closed for business on Monday for the New Year's Day holiday.
Tami

littleskie
on 12/30/11 8:23 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
I had to be 399 or less to get my surgery. My surgeon told me it would increase my chance of survival. I did it, tho it was difficult. You can do this too. You will have to do many more things that are as difficult as this or even more so. Trust me. It's not easy to pass up birthday cake or a second helping of your favorite meal. It was a long time before I could even eat a single serving of almost anything.

I did this, you can do it too. Trust me!

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Laura in Texas
on 12/30/11 8:25 am
Well, when you get down to it, surgery is a business and business owners are allowed to determine their own "rules". They must feel it's safer for their patients if they are below 400. You can try to find another surgeon, if you think you can find one to do it at your current weight.

Hang in there!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/30/11 8:33 am - OH
Fed Ex tried to deliver an iPod nano to me today (part of a replacement program from Apple for the 1G nano that I loved and would not have given up (even with the potential for a battery fire) if I had known what they were replacing it with... but don;t get me started!)... signature required, of course, and I was at work.  Ok, I understand.

What kills me is that they were going to try to re-deliver tomorrow (and I will be gone much of the day) and then again on Tues (when I would again be at work)... and after that 3rd try send it back as undeliverable.  APPLE -- not Fed Ex -- requires that it be delivered to the address it was sent to (you cannot provide an alternate delivery address) OR that it be picked up by the person it was sent to (ID required) at the officially designated Fed Ex location for our area... which is not the location 5 minutes from me, or even the ones 15, 20, or 30 minutes from me.... no.... it is the one that happens to be a 40+ minute drive from where I am all the wya up by the airpoirt! 

So guess what I am doing with the free portion of MY morning tomorrow...?!?    Grrr...  and I don't even WANT the %$#@ iPod... I want my old one back!!!... but am not about to have NOTHING in return for giving up the old one!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 495 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 563 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 212 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 552 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 274 views
Recent Topics