2 days post op, low pulse

Kelliejean
on 12/31/11 1:46 pm - NY
 I am 2days post op. when I was hospitalized they took me off my bp meds and my bp was high. Now I am home back on my meds (one that I take at night that also lowers my heart rate) and my pain meds that also lower my heart rate. My rates been running about 60bpm, should I be concerened? 
poet_kelly
on 12/31/11 2:20 pm - OH
I guess that's a better question for your doctor.  If you are resting, that doesn't sound that low to me, but I don't know what's expected with your meds.  If it's a lot lower than it usually is, then I guess you should call your doc.  There should be an answering service over night.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jkjstars123
on 12/31/11 2:34 pm - Tama, IA
Don't really know much about it but mine was as low as 40 the last time I was in the hospital. They kept checking it and  even tried to shock my heart with some very cold fluid. Don't know exactly what they did and after that they didn't seem concern. Kept asking me if I always had a low resting heart rate???

Julie

HW 304, SW 291, GW 160, CW 140 H-5'9.5"            

TamaraL
on 12/31/11 10:34 pm
I would call dr on Monday.  I can tell you that my heart rate has been much lower since weight loss surgery.  60 is doable for me.  If it gets any lower and it has then I become concerned.  It has been in the 40's

Tamara

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 197 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 8 views