And that's a wrap - GOAL!!

aseg21
on 1/8/12 10:01 am - Miami, FL
It's been 16 months since I had surgery. I was on vacation for the holidays and didn't weigh myself while I was gone. I figured this week coming back to the gym, I'd hopefully find I'd maintained and lose those last pesky 6 lbs to goal. Nope. I'VE LOST THEM!! Plus 4 more!!

SUCCESS!!

220 lbs GONE.

Gone is the girl who was insecure and self conscious at every turn and in her place is a confident, self assured woman.

Gone is the girl who avoided athletic pursuits and in her place is a woman who can run a 10k without getting a tomato face.

Gone is the fear of scales, the shame at the doctors office, the Metformin, the lectures about weight and diabetes, the high blood pressure and the terror over booths, airplane seats, roller coasters and turnstyles.

I'm beyond elated about this entire process. For those in the beginning of it - the nausea, the vomiting, the food cravings, the hair loss, the tears, the struggles, the sagging skin and even the mentel anguish at times - all worth it. Hang in there, this moment that's coming for you - it's priceless!!

I DID IT!!

Lowest Weight: 145 lbs
Current weight: 148.6 lbs

Total Loss: 226 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/12 10:04 am
 Way to go, that is so awesome! Congratulations
Gypsyw0lf
on 1/8/12 10:14 am - Regina, Canada
 Congratulations on reaching your goal!  Your whole new life is right in front of you now!

Lisa R.
on 1/8/12 10:53 am - CA
 Congrats!  I have 5 lbs to goal myself so I am very jealous!  Good for you :)

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
princess_raspberry
on 1/8/12 11:01 am
Congrats on an amazing accomplishment!

I just visited your blog and it brought back so many memories of TTC. I too struggled for years. I wish you all the best!
HW 394 | SW 330 | CW 270 | GW 150
preop [64]  month 1 [32]  month 2 [10]  month 3 [18]

dori M.
on 1/8/12 11:30 am - MD
 So happy for you . Reading post about people in my weight category reaching their goals gives me hope that I may reach mine also. I'm not quite 3mths out and still not feeling much confidence in the process.

KatCooper
on 1/8/12 11:53 am - Collierville, TN
 Congratulations on your new life!!!!!  It is wonderful to see the posts of those who have "made it"!!

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

april89love
on 1/8/12 12:16 pm - NC
Congratulations!!! You should be proud of yourself!!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Donna D.
on 1/8/12 12:25 pm - Cockeysville, MD
Congrats your story is very inspiring!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

momsal
on 1/8/12 6:08 pm - PA
Woo Hoo!!   Fantastic!!!

I am just starting my journey  thanks for the example of what can be!!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 371 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 500 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 570 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 292 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 371 views