Atkins PB Protein Bars?

NANCY C.
on 1/10/12 8:31 am - OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
 I bought a box of these the other day because they showed 19 grams of protein in each bar.  Is this a kind of protein we can absorb?  They have 240 calories, 12g fat, 22 carbs, 1g sugar but 10 g sugar alcohols and 19 g Protein.  They are fairly soft and taste so good.  I don't think I am getting enough protein (I am so sick of cold shakes) and would love to be able to eat one of these each day for a boost.

The box says the Protein is a "blend" of Soy Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate and Sodium Caseinate.

HW  313   SW  285   Goal 155

_Donna_
on 1/10/12 8:39 am
Before I discovered quest protein bars, I ate the Atkins bars. Boy oh boy did they give me gag-a-maggot gas! I still have 3 open boxes in my frig that I cant bring myself to eat again. Be careful with those sugar alcohols.
boilerbabe003
on 1/10/12 8:47 am

I have a real problem with protein bars and shakes.  I've heard several people mention the Quest bars.  Are they really that good?  Do you still taste the protein? 

Thanks!

NANCY C.
on 1/10/12 8:43 am - OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
 I have not seen Quest bars.  My surgeon is a stickler for soft foods and peanut butter bars are kind of soft I think!  I just needed something that doesn't come in liquid form!

HW  313   SW  285   Goal 155

macjuicy
on 1/10/12 8:47 am - FL
Donna blah lol

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

_Donna_
on 1/10/12 8:52 am
One of the main reasons I like quest bars is because you cant taste the protein AT ALL.

http://www.questproteinbar.com
JanieLew
on 1/11/12 4:22 am
I love the Quest bars! They are really good if you nuke them for a few seconds, or just stick them in your pocket for a bit to soften them. I think you need to be careful, though, to not eat the whole thing at once. Pace yourself!
undergoingchange
on 1/10/12 10:15 am
I'm a newbie (2 weeks and 1 day out) so I couldn't swear to it but I believe these are the 3 kinds of protein that are good for us.  I have read it in the past here.
myminime
on 1/11/12 1:42 pm - Eugene, OR
I LOVE the peanut butter bars - sooo tasty I have a box in my pantry that I'm using for emergency breakfasts. I may have to pack one for snack tomorrow ..

I have read a few of the veteran posters mention Atkins bars, and I know soy and whey proteins are totally absorbable and fine, so methinks you're good to go!
HW:  255  SW:  225.7  CW:  156.3

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 490 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 538 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 253 views
Recent Topics