NSV/ Happy Dance!

owlisn
on 1/16/12 2:29 am - NC
 When my husband and I moved into our new house last year, I decided to box up clothes that I could not wear anymore.  Most were small sizes that had stayed in my closet in the hopes to one day get back in.  I thought about donating thme, but am soooo glad I didn't.  I got the box out of the garage and to my surprise, I was able to fit into a lot of the pants.  I not only have pants for now, but pants for my next size down, which will save me SO much money.

I am doing the smaller size AND saving money dance!!!
Allison

seriouslaughter
on 1/16/12 2:31 am
Great feeling, isn't it? Congrats!!!
april89love
on 1/16/12 2:48 am - NC
The year before my surgery, I had come to the conclusion that I would never get to those sizes again and got rid of everthing!! I sure wish I had hung on to some of that stuff. Oh, well, my dh bought me a new wardrobe!!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

owlisn
on 1/16/12 6:38 am - NC
 What a great husband!  I still went shopping today just to prove to myself that it wasn't a fluke.  I almost bought a new Ann Taylor suit since it was 40% off, but then I had to keep telling myself that it would one day be too big!
Allison

april89love
on 1/16/12 6:46 am - NC
Yes, keep telling yourself that. I waited till I had lost most of my weight before I started buying alot and then it had to be on sale or clearance. The only clothing that I wear from before now are my socks! Keep up the good work. It won't be long and you can shop till you drop!!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Donna D.
on 1/16/12 3:06 am, edited 1/16/12 3:06 am - Cockeysville, MD
Congrats I have kept alot of clothes in my closet that was to small for me in hopes of getting back in to them So I hope that I can share this NSV with you too! I know you are super pumped!!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

MariAnne_
on 1/16/12 4:49 am - Palisade, CO
Over the years I would yo-yo up and down 40 or 50 pounds, so always washed and bagged up the clothes that I either grew out of (either too big or too small), my surgery was on 12/06/11, and I've already dropped two sizes, and really need to look at trying on the next size down.  I've still got three sizes to go through. 
Also luckily our bariatric center has a clothes exchange closet.  So I'll be taking in the clothing that I've shrunk out of and picking out some new ones a couple sizes from now.  This will really help with clothing expenses until I reach my goal weight.
So if you haven't had surgery yet, clean out that closet and bag up those currently too small clothes, labeling them by size, and you'll be surprised just how fast you'll be reaching for the next sized down bag.  I've planned on checking out the next sized bags next weekend, as the current clothes are becoming a bit baggy.
If your bariatric center doesn't have a clothes exchange closet, suggest that they entertain the idea.  We only turn in current season clothing in good shape, no stains or any major wear.
owlisn
on 1/16/12 6:41 am - NC
 I love the idea of a clothing exchange!  My surgeon's office is adding a nutritionist and a bariatric food store which I am super-pumped about. Our support group starts meeting again for the year next week and I am hopeful that they have an exchange soon!
Allison

LisaBee1964
on 1/16/12 2:39 pm - OH
congrats!! that'sso awesome:)
  I am lovin' life!         
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 549 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 533 views