reduced fat peanut butter

Linda-P
on 1/27/12 11:04 pm - Farmville, NC
RNY on 01/11/12
I am allowed 1/4 cup reduced fat peanut butter, ate it and felt really bad, took a two hour nap to get over that blah feeling.  Should I split it up, any suggestions?  It was the fattiest food, I've had since pre-op diet.
Stacy11
on 1/27/12 11:10 pm
when I do eat a teaspoon of peanut butter I eat Natural its good little less sugar than what I used to eat. However my NUT had a fit that I was eating it.. Now mind youd I dont' eat it every day or nothing but once in awhile I need that sweetness.. ITs great on apples :)

Linda-P
on 1/27/12 11:17 pm - Farmville, NC
RNY on 01/11/12
apples?  My NUT says no fruits or veggies for 6 months.  It's amazing the different diets that the NUT and Dr's recommends.  Aha, sugar content, I guess I should look at the label and see.  Thanks..
wendydettmer
on 1/27/12 11:42 pm - Rochester, NY
I think that is a lot of pb at one sitting. I would def split that up

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

missjann
on 1/28/12 3:34 am
Remember, you can also dump on fats. Just because it's reduced fat OB
doesn't mean it's LOW fat. It still has a lot of fat. I eat a TBSP on a slice
of 45-calorie grainy bread. Good luck!
    Jan

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/28/12 3:47 am - OH
 That is a lot of PB for someone so early out.  Between the fat and sugar, depending on the brand,  that much of it could easily make you sick.

I would also wonder about eating that much of such a "sticky" food when you cannot help wa**** down with liquid.  That alone might have made you feel bad.  I still only eat 2Tb of PB at a time (and I am 4.5 years out), but I also eat the real, full-fat stuff.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

epsted
on 1/30/12 3:30 am
I use PB2 - it's like a powdered, defatted peanut flour, which mixes easily with a bit of water (you can start with 2 Tbsp of PB2 to 1 Tbsp of water, and adjust it to your taste), and satisfies the peanut butter craving.  It also comes in a chocolate peanut butter flavor as well.  You can find it at Amazon, or order it directly from Bell Plantation (bellplanation.com).

I also mix it in a chocolate or vanilla protein shake for variety.   It also can make a good peanut butter sauce to drizzle on other low-carb, low-fat treats.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 359 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 329 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 191 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 115 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 191 views