what is this? the start of a stricture..or me just being mental?

hopiej
on 2/6/12 1:07 am - fort knox, KY
Hi! I am almost 6months post op and cannot eat! 2 ounces of any solid food and I feel like I have eaten 3 helpings of Thanksgiving dinner..and stay that way for hours. Its taking me 2 hours to drink a 8 ounce shake and that fills me up to where I feel like my eyeballs are floating. I can't even drink water for awhile after. I can get about 4 ounces of soft food in before I am stuffed to my nose.. calling my doc today to see about an egd. Just wondered what you all thought. The scales have stopped moving of course because I cannot get enough of anything so I think my body has gone into starvation mode....AAAAHHHHH! 
Ramie A.
on 2/6/12 2:08 am - Bronx, New York, NY
Glad you've already called your doctor.  If you were able to eat fairly normally before and this started suddenly, then it definitely sounds like a stricture.  I'm almost six months and feel like I can eat a house.
Lapband Nov 2006; revision to RNY 8/17/2011
5'3", HW: 205 / Consult: 189  /  SW: 184  /  CW: 140  /  GW: 130

hopiej
on 2/6/12 2:10 am - fort knox, KY
I could eat normally for the longest time but over the past couple of weeks I just cannot get anything in. I can't finish my protein shakes sometimes, I end up dumping half of them out. I have an appt with my doc at 140 tomorrow..pretty sure he'll schedule an EGD....
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 349 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?