3 months out

Teresa B.
on 2/13/12 10:10 am - Waxahachie, TX
and already way off track.  I just haven't been able to help it the last few days.  all I've wanted is carbs.  I have got to get back on...it's getting me down.

Laura in Texas
on 2/13/12 10:14 am, edited 2/12/12 10:17 pm
Our starting weights and goal weights are the same. Quite honestly, if you want any chance of getting to goal and staying there, you MUST develop good habits now.

Forgive yourself and get back on track.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

IrishIze
on 2/13/12 10:51 am - NJ
I'm sure you know that the first 6-12 months are the 'honeymoon' phase of the surgery - the time when you will lose most of the weight.   I'm a carboholic - and I know the more I have the more I want.

Do yourself a favor - grit your teeth and suffer through a day of two of low carbs and get it out of your system.   Perhaps doing a day of protein drinks / liquids might help get rid of the cravings.  
Good luck - you can do it.  Get yourself back on track - you're worth it!! 
Lisssy
on 2/13/12 10:53 am
 Same here 3 months I know the feelin but stay strong we can do it !!!

Bettisima
on 2/13/12 10:56 am
I second the advise already given. Detox from the carbs and make your commitment to better choices.

During the first 6 months, you can lose even making less than great choices, but your odds of keeping the weight off decrease sharply if you don't use the first year to develop great habits to carry you throuh therese of your life.

My surgeon tells people the first 12 months is 90% surgery 10% the choices we make, after the first year 90% the. Choices we make and 10% the surgery.

Good luck!
UK_Longhorn
on 2/13/12 6:30 pm
Hang in there and find what works for you!  For me it is going to the gym when I feel like eating and drinking water non-stop!  I think I am in my big burn phase because I have been losing a pound a day, believe me I am trying to take advantage of that.  You can do this....too much carbs will only hurt you and your process! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 341 views