Shrimp = My new best friend!!!

DannyBoyDVG
on 2/16/12 10:57 am - AR
3oz of pre cooked thaw to eat shrimp is 21g of protein and very very low in fat no carbs and no sugar and it actually sits very very light. I actually feel great after eating it just dipped in a little tarter sauce just thought would share for those of you that have problems with meats sitting heavy and feel blah after.

kittehkitteh27
on 2/16/12 11:04 am - Zebulon, NC
RNY on 01/18/12 with
I love shrimp. I love it with ****tail sauce though. Wonder if I could eat it without the sauce and still like it. I think I will find out this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion, fellow newbie!

~Kitteh~   Start 363 / Surgery 346 / Current 204.1 / Goal 150

hlacy
on 2/16/12 1:15 pm - Chandler, AZ
Walden Farms makes a Sugar Free ****tail Sauce. I also make my own with No Sugar Added Heinz Ketchup and horseradish. Problem solved!
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

DannyBoyDVG
on 2/16/12 11:07 am - AR
 Any time :) I would have used the coctail sauce as well but I noticed it was pretty high in carbs that's why I went tarter 

Jenspunky
on 2/16/12 11:17 am
RNY on 01/16/12

Nice.  I'm going to have to try that!  That, in combination with my roast beef and mozz string cheese may be the only thing that gets me up to 70-80g of protein a day.  :)  I could totally see myself eating 6 oz of shrimp in a day.

TY for suggestion.

~Jenna 
RNY 1/16/12

amy786
on 2/16/12 12:22 pm
I have recently discovered this as well!  They have been a lifesaver for me, since chicken does not agree with my new pouch, and sometimes I have a hard time with beef!
MeganGish
on 2/16/12 1:02 pm - Ashland, KY
 Lobster seems to have become my new favorite.  I get it steamed and it is oh so good.  Funny thing is i wasn't much of a seafood girl before surgery. 

hlacy
on 2/16/12 1:24 pm - Chandler, AZ
Not sure how far out you are and if you can have veggies yet, but I love to make this simple but delicious shrimp stirfry:

Heat about a tablespoon of oil in a pan (I use coconut but olive oil works, too). Add chopped garlic and ginger to taste - I do about a tablespoon of each. Add in some shrimp and a stirfry veggie mix of your choice and heat through.  Season with a bit of salt and pepper if you choose. No starchy side needed - YUM!
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Cathrine J.
on 2/16/12 3:53 pm - Victoria, Canada
RNY on 02/01/12
I've just discovered shrimp recently, too.  I've seen low sugar tartar sauce online but don't know if my local stores have it.  I really have to get serious about counting up my daily protein as I'm sure I've been a long way from reaching it.

I'm going to try some canned salmon in the next day or so, too.

HW 262, BMI 46.2 / SW 216, BMI 38.2 / CW 183 / GW 155
*45 lbs were lost pre-op.
5' 3 1/2"

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 2/16/12 8:10 pm
RNY on 01/10/12
 I make shrimp salad out of ****tail shrimp, light mayo made with olive oil, and Old Bay seasoning.  (I don't have any problem with seasoning, but YMMV.)  

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 315 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 296 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views