help help help PLEASE

FinallyFit1
on 2/18/12 10:41 pm
My fingers on my right hand have gone numb and tingly and cold.  I have been experiencing coldness in my hands for a time now and yesterday got the tingly thing going.
I am barely able to do anything with my right hand.
I just finished taking my second bottle of B12 from Meyers.  I wonder if that was an inferior brand...I usually use the bariatric advantage brand.
I have also been craving sweets lately.
Does anyone have any suggestions....I am almost 2 years out.
Thanks

myminime
on 2/18/12 10:43 pm - Eugene, OR
Could be a pinched nerve ..

However, I had a friend with the Sleeve who was having crazy chocolate cravings out of nowhere, and it ended up her B12 and magnesium were super low. I'd definitely recommend some urgent blood tests!

I hope things get better soon!!
HW:  255  SW:  225.7  CW:  156.3

FinallyFit1
on 2/18/12 10:46 pm
thank you
We have a holiday here tomorrow but Tuesday I am heading to the doctor's.  I think the blood work is a good idea.
thanks

Kat Kat
on 2/18/12 11:02 pm - AZ
Don't always assume issues are vitamin deficiencies. Although this could be a B-12 deficiency, it could also be a lot of other things like the sign of a blood clot, effects of a small stroke, a pinched nerve, or who knows what else. I say see a doctor. Urgent Care Centers are open on weekends, and are less hectic that going to the ER. I don't think I'd wait several days to have numbness in my extremities evaluated.

Kat

poet_kelly
on 2/19/12 1:00 am - OH
Get some labs done and check your B12 level.  Check your thiamin and copper, too.  And do this ASAP.

However, if it's only your right hand, not both, and not your feet too, I'm wondering if it might be a pinched nerve or something.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

FinallyFit1
on 2/19/12 2:20 am
Thanks everyone...I am thinking the pinched nerve is what it is but I am going to the dr.'s and getting labs and exrays done.

FinallyFit1
on 2/21/12 4:11 am
Hi
I posted a reply but do not know where it went...somewhere on the board I hope..
Anyways I am getting completely checked out.
The Doctor is NOT ruling out Stroke and wanted to put me on aspirin.  I told him I can't because of my rny.  That is correct right.  Just so you know, this doctor was not my doctor referring me to my rny.  Can you give me your thoughts on aspirin and why we can't take it.
Thanks
Judy

poet_kelly
on 2/21/12 4:12 am - OH
The reason we are advised to avoid NSAIDS is due to the risk of ulcers.  In the case of a stroke, though, I think the risk of a stroke is worse than the risk of an ulcer, so personally, I'd take the aspirin and deal with an ulcer if it happened.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jenspunky
on 2/19/12 5:03 am
RNY on 01/16/12

My mom had the same thing in her right hand.  Was barely able to use it, etc.  

It was a stroke.  

Get this checked out, immediately, because if it is a stroke, you are at risk for another one, and the next one could kill you.

~Jenna 
RNY 1/16/12

FinallyFit1
on 2/21/12 4:08 am
Thanks all!!
I just got back from the doctor's and got complete bloodwork done.  I am also getting a ECHO done tomorrow and scheduled for a Cat Scan...
Wow all this just for numb cold fingers.
Please pray.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 346 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 309 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?