Stomach pain and gurgly noises

Bkritty
on 2/28/12 1:27 pm
Hello there...its been a while. Just warning this may be a little TMI for some of you.....

So I started having some discomfort after eating in the last couple of days. It is immediate after eating...doesn't seem to be a problem with drinking anything. It also seems that I am having very loud gurgling immediately after eating....more than usual. So I am also having a mild pain that almost feels under my ribs but towards the right side. I usually have no problem with Bowel movements but the last couple of days its been cramping feeling and difficulty having a BM...then at 3am yesterday morning I woke up cramping and went to the bathroom and "pooped" my brains out for about an hour....mostly diarrhea. I was hoping that it would resolve whatever weird discomfort I was having while eating but nope. I know I need to go and  call tomorrow and get checked out but right now I just want some opinions. Everything I have googled indicates this may be related to my gallbladder however unlike what I have read...my pain is not severe just fairly uncomfortable.

I am really freaking out and afraid to call my doctor (but I promise I am going to tomorrow morning) because I am in my final semseter of nursing school and I graduate in May. I can not be out of school or clinical rotations to recover from a surgery. It it is my gallbladder...can it wait until then? I can't afford financially to wait a whole other year to come back to school and repeat this semester. I have worked far to hard to finish school this semester and this has been my worst fear.

Kristie

safetymedic
on 2/28/12 1:40 pm - Diamondhead, MS
RNY on 03/08/12
Some of your symptoms seem gall bladder related, but from my experience you would be having discomfort at McBurney point (just to the right and above the belly button) or pain in the right shoulder. You might even have some rebound tenderness associated with any gall bladder problems. If it is and you need to have it taken out, then that is a very simple surgery. My wife had the surgery on a Friday morning and was back at work in the ER on Monday. She just had a lifting restriction for a week or so.
Bkritty
on 2/28/12 1:54 pm
Thank you! Yes it does seem to be at McBurney's point. UGH!

Buchmansrus
on 4/15/16 1:43 pm

Hey BK,

Was the noise from the gallbladder too? My stomach has been doing the same for awhile. I've been sick for about 6 weeks and always shrugged it off as something else never thinking gall bladder. Well, I had enough and finally seen the dr and my apt for an ultrasound is Monday morning.

How long were you in the hospital? Was it your gallbladder?

Bkritty
on 2/28/12 1:53 pm
I also meant to mention that I haven't lost any weight in the last four weeks. Just seem to be playing with the same two pounds and Im wondering if that could be related.

Jacqueline D.
on 2/28/12 8:41 pm - MI
I never had any of the textbook symptoms of gallbladder disease.  The only discomfort I ever felt was a nagging, crampy feeling in the right upper quadrant of my abdomen.  Of course, I did have some changes in bowel habits, but it had been going on for so long that it was "normal" for me.  I had an elective lap chole in 2009....it doesn't always have to be done emergently....

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 70 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 70 views